Honored Contributor

Re: Is Philosophy body wash worth it?

I doubt it.

On another note,I hate that business with the bowl of water.

Respected Contributor

For me they are worth it. I enjoy the scents and I don't feel like they leave me dry or flakey, just fresh and clean.  I also love the 32 ounce bottles with the pump.  I usually keep 2 or 3 bottles in the shower at a time and change them out with the season.  If I haven't used up the 32 ounces during the season, I save them for next year and the scent lasts.   

Trusted Contributor

We use them as bubble bath: amazing bubbles, amazing scent and NO residue left behind. Tub sparkles, lol!

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

I use Philosophy body washes alot and have a few. but I also use Yves Rocher and Korres and a few other brands---they aren't much different except the prices vary. 

Respected Contributor

@PreKteacher  I would invest in a different brand if I were you.  At one time their Amazing Grace cologne was my go to but as with all their products they have declined in performance.  The body wash has become a big disappointment and AG I can spray and by the time you walk to the end of your hall, the aroma is gone.

Esteemed Contributor

As others have posted whether or not it's worth it is very subjective.

I personally do not care for store brand shower gels at all. Although, the pricing may be more pocket book friendly, I find them extremely drying. Therefore, I stopped purchasing them over 10 years ago. 

All prestige brands are the same for me,  moisturizing with a great variety of scents.  I use Philosophy, Perlier, Korres, Loccitane and Beekman (soap) only. In my view the extra money that I spend is worth is due to the how it makes my skin feel.  

Valued Contributor

TOO BIG A BOTTLE I TRIED IT MADE MY SKIN DRY   I SHOWER WITH MRS MYERS SOAP   SO GENTLE SHE HAS DIFFERENT SCENTS

Honored Contributor

I buy Philosophy and Bath & Bodyworks shower gels. I do like Philosophy better, however I can't resist when B&BW has a sale. You can not believe how many people I know have never even heard of Philosophy bath products!

Trusted Contributor

My husband and I love the philosophy scented body washes. We are in 54 and 56 and it feels like you are a kid in the shower! Our favorite scent is cinnamon buns. We just love it! I ordered the set of six 32 ounces mega-deal they had last month in the classic scents. My husband encouraged me and said it was fun to try the new scents. 

The fact that the scent washes down the drain is a real plus for my husband who enjoys the smells but doesn't want to smell like that all day. He also uses them as a shampoo when he is not using his tweaked by nature. I really love them so much fun! I say they are worth it.

Trusted Contributor

@PreKteacher As others have said it really depends on one's own personal perspective. 

For me, they are worth it. Showering with the 3 n 1 is my destresser, its how I unwind and wash my cares away. So for me, yes it's worth it. I also use the 3 n 1 as handsoap and have certainly used more of it since March. I also enjoy other brands as well from drugstore to high end. Changing up the scents by season, and my mood of the moment is fun. 

One word of caution, they can become addicting if you love shower gels and body wash! I have had quite a stash that I bought over many years that I am working through. Although now its easier to get a variety of scents with the collections of smaller bottles they offer. We didn't have that option years ago when I first started buying the 3 n 1. 

I say treat yourself, you will never know if you don't try! 

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24