Honored Contributor

Re: Is Philosophy body wash worth it?

Yes and no my hubby used one and I now replaced it with Dove Cucumber and it works just as well, I have one large bottle and lots of small ones which I use most of the time, I think when they are done I will wean myself off them 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

It's just body wash.  On it goes, down the drain it goes.  NO it is not worth it. 

Honored Contributor

I like it.  I don't buy the food smelling ones.  I like Amazing Grace.

I can't think of anything more gross than washing and smelling like a ginger snap or whatever the flavor is.

I think most of the liquid soaps in the store clean the body just as well.

But asking something open ended like the OP's question, your going to get just as many reasons to buy or not to buy Philosophy.

That's what makes this country so great....we all get to buy whatever we like....worth it or not.

Respected Contributor

Yes, they are worth it for me........I don't use anything else.

Trusted Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

Yes, they are worth it for me........I don't use anything else.

Same for me. I have tried other soaps/brands and wind up tossing them. Philosophy is what I use and love.

What something is "worth" is very subjective. D & B bags are not "worth" it to me. That doesn't mean they don't have "worth" to someone else. 

Trusted Contributor

@PreKteacher  What I like about the Fresh Cream shower gel is, of course, the scent.  I love that it lathers up so well and I feel clean after I use it.  I don't know if it is better, or about the same, as anybody else's brand however, I have sensitive skin and I can use this without any problems on my skin. I also use the body souffle and the body spritz in the same scent. To me it's worth it as it covers all my requirements in a shower gel. 

Honored Contributor

Speaking for myself, I love it.  Have tried probably 100 of the various scents and liked at least 95 of them. 

I like the feel of it (sudsing) as I use it, as well as the scents. 

rinses off completely, which is important to me.  

Trusted Contributor

It's the only shower gel I use.  I especially love the mega size bottles.  The pumps are so nice to use instead of having to pour it on,  Definitely worth it to me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I like them and trying to get my stash down, I had mega lemon custard that I swears multiplies in the stash!  It just won’t run out.  I always have several open, because I like to change scents.  I do like that they rinse well. Last year I bought the 12 pack of 6 oz.  gave several as gifts.  Snow angel, lemon custard,  vanilla coconut, gingerbread man all in my shower.  I fill smaller bottles.

But....I’ve purchased Dove and suave and like these too.

Someone gifted me a senior margarita, so have not opened that yet.  A new scent for me.  Seems like people love it or don’t care for it at all. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use the Summer Grace layering trio of body wash, body emulsion, and eau de parfum, and love IT. The moisturizing  body wash lathers as per the on-air demo, and the delicate floral fragrance of the eau de parfum, is the perfect after shower scent.The trio was not offered this year, but I am able to find what I need on ebay.😊 

Amazing Grace shower gel has the exact opposite effect on my skin; leaving it quite dry if I do not follow with the body emulsion. I still like it, but it is no longer my go-to.

It is pricier than than some department store brands, but I don't mind paying for the fragrant "experience". I've used Dove Body Wash for sensitive skin once or twice, but did not enjoy it nearly as much.😄

~~~All we need is LOVE💖