Trusted Contributor

Re: Is Philosophy body wash worth it?

@PreKteacher   Exorbitant priced junk.

Respected Contributor

I like Purity Body Wash by Philosophy.  I got a large one for practically free with Purity Cleanser a while back (the large 32 oz. cleanser).  It is not scented.  I actually prefer a shower with Beekman soap; leaves me more moisturized than Philosophy and those large bars last a long time!

Honored Contributor

@PreKteacher wrote:

Thanks for all of the feedback! Yes, I know it's subjective... I was actually looking for opinions! Smiley Wink

Maybe I'll buy a bottle from there to try it. I'm not sure it will work for my eczema (I mainly just wash with Cetaphil), but if it doesn't work for me, maybe my kids will like it. 

If you have skin issues, I would not recommend switching to a harsh and heavily fragranced shower gel like phiosophy. But of course, do as you like. I'm sure they smell very nice.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

@mintedrose  I agree 100%. I posted on another forum  the exact same thing. A bunch of people  are laughing all the way to the bank on this one. 

Respected Contributor

.Re: Is Philosophy body wash worth it?

No

Regular Contributor

I've used Amazing Grace body wash for a few years.  I don't find it as drying as regular soap and I like washing with the loofa thingy!  I've even started to use it as a shampoo (you do need good conditioners, etc., however).  I don't scent shop; have never even tried another scent.  If you want all natural ingredients, this is not the brand for you but I am a big fan of their body wash and their whipped body creme.

Esteemed Contributor

No

Esteemed Contributor

Since the company was sold many years ago, the scents are not the same. They don't last and they are not worth the price. I bought it and now I don't like it. I have switched to Beekman 's goat milk soap and I love it. My skin is so soft and the soaps smell great.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: .Re: Is Philosophy body wash worth it?

Absolutely not.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Frequent Contributor

I have a closet full of Philosophy body wash.  I love the way it smells when using it but after I have used all that I have I won't be buying any more.  It has too much bad stuff in it.  Doesn't really leave your skin soft.  There are much cheaper products that do the same thing. Examples are Olay and Dove.