Trusted Contributor

Re: Is Philosophy body wash worth it?

Not worth it for me.  I stopped using Philosophy body wash  because it makes my skin dry and flakey.  I started using the Beekman bar soaps last fall and what a difference!  My skin is so soft and not flakey at all now.  I love their soaps!  

Also, I tried Purity years ago and broke out in bumps all over my face.  Needless to say, that was a waste of money for me.  

Trusted Contributor

I've used it, because there is one fragrance i like, but I wouldn't say it's better than a lot of other brands.

Honored Contributor

I use, and like, Philosophy body wash, but it's not anything I "ooh and ahh" over.  

My favorite scents are Amazing Grace and Falling in Love, and I have been using them over 9 years.   

Last year I experienced a weird issue I attributed to this brand of body wash.   After showering as usual in the morning, by late afternoon, I noticed an odd smell on my  skin- - - it was not a pleasant smell.  I showered with Dial for several days and did not experience the smell.   I showered again with the Philosophy body wash and within a few hours that bad smell was noticeable on my skin again.   I started using more Dial and less Philosophy, and have not experienced this issue again.   

The strangest part of that issue was my trucker daughter experienced the very same problem with Philosophy that same week.  However, she was not here at home in WV, but halfway across the country, showering in a truck stop, and not using the same scent I had used.   She switched to bar soap and has not experienced the issue again.   

Honored Contributor

No. 

Super Contributor

I especially enjoy all the smaller size bottle kits that comes with lots of fun scents to try.    It's just fun for me to always be trying new scents and they have tons.

i also like Korres.  

Esteemed Contributor

i like Korres better...

Honored Contributor

Yes!  I love them & even my husband loves them.  The scents are wonderful & last the entire shower but doesn't linger in the sense clashing with your perfume.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I tried several Philosophy body wash scents years ago and while they are nice I came to the conclusion that they just weren't worth it.   I also found that sometimes they had a funny artificial after scent to me.

I tend to use a brand (can't remember the name of it off the top of my head) from my local organic grocer that has a nice citrus scent and is half the price of Philosophy.

Regular Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I like it.  I don't buy the food smelling ones.  I like Amazing Grace.

I can't think of anything more gross than washing and smelling like a ginger snap or whatever the flavor is.

I think most of the liquid soaps in the store clean the body just as well.

But asking something open ended like the OP's question, your going to get just as many reasons to buy or not to buy Philosophy.

That's what makes this country so great....we all get to buy whatever we like....worth it or not.

I am with you, I don't like Foodie Scents.  I like Living Grace and use Pure Grace for my second choice.

Respected Contributor

I haven't gotten any Philosophy shower products in a long time.

I Loved Philosophy body wash because of it's scnts.  I will say I liked the Creamy type SO much more than the clear gel type. The creamy type just felt more moisturizing on my skin vs the clear gel that felt like i was using hand soap.

I still have a couple of bottles from the 'Icecream" series Bananas Foster and it Still looks and smells good.   Squishy Red Fishy is another one where the scent is spot on. 

So it all depends on what you are willing to pay for what you really want. 

If you are into the scents I think the have multipack holiday sets with little bottles.  Then you can switch them up s you like and not comit to a quart of one scent.