Respected Contributor

Is Perlier shower gel better than Philosophy?

[ Edited ]

I have the Philosophy Lemon Creme and really like it but was wondering if Perlier Shea would be more moisturizing. I would cancel the second shipment of the Philosophy and order this. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Is Perlier shower gel better than Philosophy?

Why don't you try the Perlier first and decide then whether you should cancel the Philosophy?  Only you can decide   - we can't for you - which you like better.

I like both products.  But you need to see for yourself.  I know TJMaxx  and Marshall's used to carry lots of Perlier products so you might be able to purchase it locally.  I haven't checked in a while though so I don't know whether they still do.

Respected Contributor

Thank you 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Absolutely. Did you ever read the warnings on Philosophy? I cannot use it because of the severe irritation it causes to  my skin.

Perlier does not!

Honored Contributor

I like them both and don't find one performs better than the other. I generally prefer the Philosophy scents and usually buy more Philosophy body washes because of the scents. I think both companies make good products and have used many things from each line. 

They offer the 3-liter size every year at this time before the holidays, so I'd say try something small from Perlier and see if you like it before you buy a 3-liter bottle. I save the extra-large sizes for products I know and love already because a bottle that big will last a VERY long time or be a pain to return if you don't love it.

Respected Contributor

I'm torn between the Shea butter hydrating and the caffe latte with Italian rice milk which I think might firm up my sagging skin. Have you tried either? Thanks. 

Honored Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

I'm torn between the Shea butter hydrating and the caffe latte with Italian rice milk which I think might firm up my sagging skin. Have you tried either? Thanks. 

in general, I like the shea butter products a lot better than the rice ones.  I didn't think the rice ones every did much of anything for sagging.  But the shea butter products are very hydrating.  Given that winter is around the corner, shea butter is the way to go.  I think their shea butter products are their best ones.   They "do" shea butter great!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@Valstybaby wrote:

in general, I like the shea butter products a lot better than the rice ones.  I didn't think the rice ones every did much of anything for sagging.  But the shea butter products are very hydrating.  Given that winter is around the corner, shea butter is the way to go.  I think their shea butter products are their best ones.   They "do" shea butter great!

Shea butter it is. Thank you.

Respected Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Valstybaby wrote:

Shea butter it is. Thank you.

They only have Shea and Shea lavender so I think I'll get the lavender since I have no idea what the Shea smells like. 

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I like them both and don't find one performs better than the other. I generally prefer the Philosophy scents and usually buy more Philosophy body washes because of the scents. I think both companies make good products and have used many things from each line. 

They offer the 3-liter size every year at this time before the holidays, so I'd say try something small from Perlier and see if you like it before you buy a 3-liter bottle. I save the extra-large sizes for products I know and love already because a bottle that big will last a VERY long time or be a pain to return if you don't love it.

@ChynnaBlue is exactly right.  

I am a girl who takes her morning shower very seriously and I love variety.  These mega size don't work well for me because they are hard to store when I want to change things up.  But if you discover that you love a particular formula -- having a mongo size makes perfect sense.  I have a big bottle of Amazing Grace shower gel as a standard in my shower. I keep it half mixed with Pure Grace.  But I like to use an occasional seasonal scent in the shower as well.