Honored Contributor

Re: Is Perlier shower gel better than Philosophy?

I tend to find the Philosophy scents "softer" and not lingering.  Since I have sinus allergies to strong fragrances, I've had to give up my Perlier scents.  But they sure do make some nice ones. 

Respected Contributor

I've used Phil for years. I recently tried the Perlier shower products and didn't like them at all.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm tempted to try the today's special - but also hesitant because I've never ordered Perlier. I'm sure it's great - but it's also A LOT of product. I also like to change it up now and then and feel I might get sick of a whole 3 liters of the same thing. This would last us a very long time! But if I order I could cancel my auto ship on my philosophy TSV and save the ones I haven't used yet for small stocking stuffers Smiley Happy 

But I don't know what fragrance to order! I would have ordered the honey but sadly it's all gone. My husband doesn't like citrus fragrances so that rules out Agrumarium and Honey Orange, plain Shea seems boring as does white almond and double latte. So I'm pretty much left to pick between Snowdrop, Shea Lily and Sea Lavender. I'm leaning towards Lily because I love florals and lavender can smell so completely different from one vendor to another. 

Can anyone tell me if the Perlier Lavender smells like L'Occitane's lavender? Or have you tried the Lily or Snowdrop? Which do you prefer?

Valued Contributor

I love Perlier! I've been using it for years,and especially love the Honey. It's thick, rich, and makes my skin feel so moisturized. The scent is amazing!

I do not care for the ingredients in Philosophy, and I don't want to smell like a muffin or a peppermint stick or whatever! LOL  I'm a flower-scent girl.

Trusted Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I like them both and don't find one performs better than the other. I generally prefer the Philosophy scents and usually buy more Philosophy body washes because of the scents. I think both companies make good products and have used many things from each line. 

They offer the 3-liter size every year at this time before the holidays, so I'd say try something small from Perlier and see if you like it before you buy a 3-liter bottle. I save the extra-large sizes for products I know and love already because a bottle that big will last a VERY long time or be a pain to return if you don't love it.

I tend to agree with you, where I think that they're just different from each other. 

There are products that I like from each line. The Shea products in Perlier are really moisturizing, and I also really like the Lemon Custard scent in Philosophy. 

I think that you just have to give the Perlier a try like you are going to do, and see how you like it, BeautyAddiction. Let us know what you think. Cat Happy