Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Is My Sunscreen Chemical or Physical?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is My Sunscreen Chemical or Physical?

@JeanLouiseFinch I love eos lip balms, i just emailed them today asking if they could make a lip balm with chemical free spf !! Woman Happy Do you know of any lip products with physical spf?

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch I love eos lip balms, i just emailed them today asking if they could make a lip balm with chemical free spf !! Woman Happy Do you know of any lip products with physical spf?

Sorry, I don't off hand, @Ibby114, but that shouldn't be too hard to find via Google or another search engine.

Esteemed Contributor

Image result for badger sunscreen lip balm

Image result for desert essence spf lip balm

Image result for raw elements spf lip balm

Image result for eco lips spf lip balm

@Ibby114

I found all of these at LuckyVitamin's website, though I'm sure they can all be purchased elsewhere.  The reviews are all over the place for these balms.  Some say they don't spread well, are white or taste weird or have a weird texture.  Others say they are great.  I suspect that the more zinc oxide you add (higher SPF), the more it affects the texture and gives a white cast.  So keep that in mind when purchasing.

I haven't tried any of these, so I cannot recommend one over the other. 

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I'm safe!

Honored Contributor

I like the idea of using physical sunscreens but I find that on my dark complexion they usually give me a ghostly cast. Even the tinted ones make me look ghostly and I end up putting more foundation on to cover it up.Woman Tongue So in the end I always seem to go back to my Neutrogena UltraSheer liquid. I like it as a primer anyway.Woman Happy