Honored Contributor

Re: Is Less Makeup MORE for 60+ Women?

@Shanus wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I will turn 65 in about a week. I still use what I have always used but I apply it with a lighter application. I need very little foundation but I need blush because I am very fair. I no longer wear bright lipsticks but I still line my eyes and wear mascara when I want to look my best. I am in the process of trying to find a nice neutral eye shadow. I threw away the different color palettes.

@Trinity11  Have you tried a neutral shade of eye primer like Laura Mercier’s Eye Basics....lots of shades....can go lighter or a little darker than lid color. Comes in tube w/ doe foot. I’m fair, too and use a shade called Linen. I’m sure there are drugstore brands, but I find this one doesn’t settle into fine lines and takes away any redness on lids. It can stand alone as a shadow or as base if you use shadow over it.

Thank you @Shanus...I have not tried Eye Basics. I will take a look at Linen because you and I have very similar coloring. Thanks again for the tip. There is so much available out there that this helps me immensely.

@Trinity11  You’re welcome. 💕

@Shanus...Loved this product. It came yesterday and the application is easy and works like a charm. You are right it has the perfect coverage on the eyelid. I find I don't need eye shadow with it. We must have the same coloring because the Linen was perfect!

Thank you ever so much.

Respected Contributor

I have never worn much make-up,now at 62 I just wear lip gloss and tinted moisterizer with spf...my friends that are my age wear full face make-up,it really ages them IMO

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

I have never worn much make-up,now at 62 I just wear lip gloss and tinted moisterizer with spf...my friends that are my age wear full face make-up,it really ages them IMO

Some say that wearing too much can be aging while others say not wearing enough can give one a "tired" look.  I guess it all depends on the person wearing the makeup.

Honored Contributor

When I was 20 years younger my skin was fair and that's the shade makeup I wore. As I got older and my skin became more pigmented I switched to a med. beige tone after my son mentioned that I looked ghostly. I still wear the med. beige color at 67 and stick with blush that is not so bright, I do love bold colored lipstick though and still wear it. I rarely wear mascara or eye makeup because I wear glasses. I still have great eyebrows thank goodness.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11. I’m so happy you loved the LM eyelid primer. I always recommend that one as my 1st choice. There are so many shades to choose from. Yes, Linen is a perfect base shade, but for us very fair gals, a perfect shadow for days when I just want to add mascara & that’s it for the eyes. When the lids are lightened, it seems your face looks less tired, right? Are you blending it up under brows? That’s what I do....just a suggestion. 💕

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@fourpaws56 wrote:

Some say that wearing too much can be aging while others say not wearing enough can give one a "tired" look.  I guess it all depends on the person wearing the makeup.

@San Antonio Gal It also depends on what mu and how heavy the application.

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

When I was 20 years younger my skin was fair and that's the shade makeup I wore. As I got older and my skin became more pigmented I switched to a med. beige tone after my son mentioned that I looked ghostly. I still wear the med. beige color at 67 and stick with blush that is not so bright, I do love bold colored lipstick though and still wear it. I rarely wear mascara or eye makeup because I wear glasses. I still have great eyebrows thank goodness.

@blackhole99 I wear glasses too...take them on & off, but mostly on (RX not readers). I always use a little eye mu. Eyes tend to get lost behind glasses....a little shadow as liner & mascara make them stand out. Eyes are expressive, you know.