Valued Contributor

Is Korres body butter all that?

I didn't want the special offer as I didn't like a lot of the scents and you could get the same amount of butter for $10 less there in a single scent. Is this stuff as good as Skinn's Creme Extreme butters? Any comparable less expensive body butter? I've been using Tree Hut organic shea body butters mostly but they need to be reapplied. Is this stuff as amazing as they made it seem?

Respected Contributor

Re: Is Korres body butter all that?

I bought several scents and returned them immediately. The scents were almost nauseating to me, and I didn't like the way they felt on my skin at all. I much prefer Philosophy Whipped Body Cream. I can't believe how well it mousturize a and the AG and PG scents are very delicate but linger on my skin all day.
Respected Contributor

Have never tried Korres, but after seeing all the chemicals and dyes in my Philosophy shower gel and body ltion, I won't be buying it again. I like the apricot scent, but forget all the additives.

Honored Contributor

I bought a set last year, and I didn't care  for the scents. I ended up throwing some away, and

the rest I used up on my feet. I didn't think that they were anything special.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I am partial to the products from The Body Shop.  The body butters come in tubs, and I think all the scents are wonderful.  While not cheap, the tubs last a long time and once in a while they go on sale.  I have tried Korres, and these products are certainly better.  I did see the Korres presentation, and I was quite disgusted they promoted it as $100 worth of product, whereas the regular price of this set - posted on the screen - was $60, on sale for $40.  They also never came out and said how many ounces were in those tiny tubes.  You had to find that out on their website.  Buyer beware, yet again.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think so.  Way too greasy.  Doesn't soak in - just lays on top of skin.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Have never tried Korres, but after seeing all the chemicals and dyes in my Philosophy shower gel and body ltion, I won't be buying it again. I like the apricot scent, but forget all the additives.

I was mortified when I purchased Purity and then read the label! I immediately returned it.

Korres isn't perfect either but by comparison.....it's pure..

Respected Contributor

I tried the Korres body butters but broke out all over.  I normally don't have sensitive skin to anything but this did not work for me.  My favorite lotion is made in Aruba Aloe.  Does wonders for my skin:

Super Contributor

I love Korres! The shower gels are so soapy and rinse right off and my skin feels smoothe. The body butters are the best. They sink right into the skin and really moisturize. I'm not into florals but I love the guava and basil. The scents don't last but the product is great. I didn't buy the special since I have 2 tubes and an extra shower gel on hand. My sister probably will gift me some for X-mas. And to add one more thing, I have  ulta super sensitive skin and Korres doesn't bother it one bit. I've not tried the makeup products but do love the lipsticks. Sorry you gals don't like it but that's why there's so many choices in the marketplace!

Super Contributor

I like the shower gel and body butter.  They are the best thing I have found for Scaley skin all over and especially on my heels.