Super Contributor

Re: Is Korres body butter all that?

No.  Tried once.  Never again.  Greasy and smell very weird.  Don't get the hype at all.  Burt Bees is better and cheaper. Their almond milk hand cream is divine.   I also like Josie's argan whipped butter and Gold Bond is a staple in our house! My husband loves it.  And it's not as greasy as the argan whipped butters.

Honored Contributor

@Blondelle wrote:

I didn't want the special offer as I didn't like a lot of the scents and you could get the same amount of butter for $10 less there in a single scent. Is this stuff as good as Skinn's Creme Extreme butters? Any comparable less expensive body butter? I've been using Tree Hut organic shea body butters mostly but they need to be reapplied. Is this stuff as amazing as they made it seem?

That depends on what you mean by "all that," I think. There's no perfect product that's going to make everyone happy. I generally do like the Korres body butters. They moisturize well and the scents are usually nice. I've had some I don't really like and one that gave me an allergic reaction because it was so strongly scented. ( It was the cherry vanilla, which smells like neither cherries nor vanilla to me.) I don't need to reapply them as often as a body lotion and they aren't as greasy as some of The Body Shop body butters can be.

I think you should see if you can find some locally to try out. I usually buy at least one of the body butter set they offer every winter because the tubes are a great size for a purse and pass the TSA standards. Sometimes I buy several sets and break them up into smaller gifts and stocking stuffers. If they're a big hit with someone, like my mom or my sister, I may buy them a full size tube or set the following Christmas. I also like the sets because it's a good way to try a smaller version of a fragrance I've never tried before. I get to try smaller version of things and then it's not such a loss if I don't like some of them because I don't have months worth of the scents I don't like. I wish the Cherry Vanilla had come in a set like this so I didn't spend the money on a full size duo.

Honored Contributor

@Ladyjenn wrote:

No.  Tried once.  Never again.  Greasy and smell very weird.  Don't get the hype at all.  Burt Bees is better and cheaper. Their almond milk hand cream is divine.   I also like Josie's argan whipped butter and Gold Bond is a staple in our house! My husband loves it.  And it's not as greasy as the argan whipped butters.

This is exactly what I mean when I say there's no one product that will please everyone. I hate the scent of the Burt's Bees lotions and it gives me an asthma attack so I can't use them. You love them and don't like Korres.

I think that everyone ends up having to decide for herself what's "all that" and what isn't. And with the large variety of products on the market, we're all bound to find something, whether it's Burt's Bees, Korres, or something else entirely.

Honored Contributor

OP .... all that what ?     All that good?    What?

Trusted Contributor

While I really like their Yogurt Sleeping Mask, their body creams are not hydrating enough for my dry skin. I love Caudalie's body creams for winter time dryness.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Respected Contributor

I have only purchased the Korres pear scent and I really like it very much.  My favorite body butters are from the Body Shop.  Although, I still haven't tried  Josie Maran body butters which I intend to try soon.  I do know that a lot of QVC customers really like her body butters.