Valued Contributor

Is It Just Me? Some Laura Geller Blushes

I got about 4 Laura Geller blushes in the spring during Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty event. They are fine, for the most part, I just have to put them on lightly because they are so saturated with color or else I end up looking like a clown. There is one of them, however called Honeysuckle, that put two big brown splotches on my cheeks. I looked like Dracula's other daughter with it on! I instantly thought - Why in the world isn't this color in her Bronze-n-Brighten line? Sunswept might fall into this category also. They both remind me of the Too Faced bronzer Pink Leopard Blushing Bronzer (Blush & bronzer in one? How does that work?)

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is It Just Me? Some Laura Geller Blushes

Yes!  I got my first (and only) LG blush in a kit last spring and it gets sooooo dark!  Looks peachy-ish in the compact, but goes on brown.  No matter how lightly I applied it, it got darker and darker as the day went on.  I quit wearing it because I thought it was just me - just something in my body chemistry that turned the blush a weird color.  Mine is an apricot color.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

Agreed - I think a lot of her makeup can look garish. My favorite was her "etherial rose" but she doesn't offer it any more.  I do love her "peach delight" blush.  

Respected Contributor

I have one of her blushes that was offered as a TSV a couple of years ago (yes, I use it every day - it does last long) and I apply it using a fan brush so that I don't put on too much. In the pan, it's pink and brown swirled together but it goes on pink on me.

Valued Contributor

@Beauty Maven wrote:

Agreed - I think a lot of her makeup can look garish. My favorite was her "etherial rose" but she doesn't offer it any more.  I do love her "peach delight" blush.  

I'm kind of trying her colors for the first time. I got her 2016 Holiday eyeshadow blockbuster on deep discount during QVC Ovarian Cancer charity event. I also got her Gilded Collection on auto-delivery, but ended up cancelling any future kits. I am finding it very hard to achieve any kind of a natural daytime look with her colors. 

Honored Contributor

Blush either works or doesn't work for me.... I purchased on from IT Cosmetics and no matter what I did  I looked like a clown. It has to be very very light blush. These stains are just awful of most everyone including the young girls.... REALLY looks bad on us older ladies.

Respected Contributor

I love LG blush, foundations and bronzer. I apply it very lightly.

Many others wash out on me. Glad we all have choices.

Honored Contributor

Not a fan of her blushes at all.  They are all much to dark for me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes this is true. I do love them though...they've been my go-to for years.  They are a great quality, last long, (longer than I think it's supposedly even hygenic to use! But so far so good..), they aren't too glittery or have talcum, and I love the marbled color palate, which I think gives you a natural look rather than one flat color.  But YES...tread lightly...I just dab my brush in lightly and do a few light swipes on the cheeks; it's enough.  Also, if you moisturize, make sure your skin has absorbed it before applying because then the blush really grabs and looks dark, even just a little blush.  Maybe your moisturizer is a heavier one that leaves the skin moist but doesn't absorb as much & grabs the makeup?

Btw..just fyi...the two I've been using are Golden Apricot for warm tones and Berry for cooler tones.  But I've used others that I've liked too, and one was a paler pink, you might like (it was not a marbled one but very subtle)...but I don't recall the name.

Honored Contributor

Too Faced Pink Leopard was so full of sparkles, I gave it to my daughter. I like LG Sugar Free blushes applied with a light hand.