Honored Contributor

Re: Is Isomers getting out of control on pricing ???

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

Other than the diamoind dust nothing new or special in there, water is first ingredient, the Pseudo ingredient is Antarcticine, been around for years now, Allantoin been around for years, a derivative of aluminum.

Totally agree. Cat Embarassed

Actually though, the water doesn't bug me. Water soluble actives have to be disolved in something. If not water, the first ingredient will be something that is 99.99% water like aloe leaf juice extract. Or it'll be a glycol of some kind. I see allantoin as a good ingredient. It's probably what would provide any results. It's also, just like water (and as I'm sure you know), found everywhere and dead cheap.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Frequent Contributor

It seems to me that Isomers pricing has gone way up,but Perricones have become more affordable 

Esteemed Contributor

Isomers has always been on the higher end of the spectrum of the skincare brands skincare sold on the shopping channels.  I have never been a devotee, but as observer it does seems like the prices have jacked up to remain on the higher end instead of remaining steady (as other beauty brands on that network have).  Perhaps this luxury pricing is a marketing strategy Evine and Manuella devised so that part of the sales pitch can be to say Isomers is premium over other Evine brands, and better than comparably priced brands sold elsewhere.   

Respected Contributor

Relax, the prices will change closer to midnight.  At least Isomers work. 

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain Thank you for your "rant" AKA the truth.

The moment I see the "caviar, gold, diamonds, platinum, etc" junk, I think "marketing BS". Worse, people fall for it. I lose respect for any company that chooses that line of marketing.

Respected Contributor

I gave up on various skin care brands a long time ago for the same reason. They always had another latest and greatest that I needed to have. I gave up Serious Skin Care, Skinn, Isomers for that reason. I ended up burning my skin layering the must have products. Now I use PTR retinol and M Asam aqua intense eye, serum, and cream. That is it. 

Regular Contributor

I just went to Evine and looked at the ingredient deck for Isomers. I personally think the prices are high!
Honored Contributor

I wonder how much the diamond dust adds to the price. It’s does nothing for the skin other than possible added a bit of shimmer, if that. 

Its a a gimmick and it makes me less trustworthy of the entire line. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Her half liter copper peptide comes out to about $7.5 an ounce. It's an excellent value for the quality of product. That is less than the Olay regenerist serum in comparison to the TTV price.  I have used some kind of peptide serum for close to twenty years now. It's great after dermarolling or peels. And I always purchase when she has a special, that is how I stay on budget.

I look at the drugstore prices on some of the creams that are full of inexpensive ingredients, and notice that those prices have been rising in the last five years.

Valued Contributor

I like one of the eye serums and neck cream but have stopped using anything else from Isomers. Don't like the direction they are going with the new and have to have product every visit.