Honored Contributor

nolimitshopping, I have thin/fine/porous hair and BGT is great for my hair! It's one of my favorite formulas. The bamboo amino acid complex is amazing! It doesn't dry my hair out at all.

-- bebe Smile

Contributor

Hi NLS. I love BGT and don't find it drying @ all. It is one of the few scents that I do use as a standalone. It's also great to use when I'm in a rush and do a single cleanse - really pulls the oils and product out and leaves my hair shiny and bouncy yet not dry.

Respected Contributor

I have only used it 2 days and used it ALONE and so far I love it. My hair seems softer with it and when I do it straight I only need to use the straighter lightly on the ends, not all thru my hair.

I do use the oils on my scalp most nights and I cleanse daily. I love the scent and so does my husband!

I do NOT find it drying, at least not yet....

Honored Contributor

Fine, shoulder length hair, and a medicine induced itchy, oily scalp. (yikes)

Love BGT mixed with 613. Alone BGT does dry my hair and 613 is a bit heavy. Together they are heaven.

Use 50/50 BGT & 613 or 50/50 FIG & 613 as my leave in.

NEED 613 oil! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

I will definitely try it since some have luck with it, and reading the reviews, some RAVE about it. You are all so helpful! Worst case scenario, it can fall into "first cleanse" status.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}I am excited about the 613 fragrance tomorrow. Anyone think it may be available at midnight? I got en email saying we could order on 6/13...

Respected Contributor
On 6/12/2014 DoxieMomma said:

I'll admit it, I fell victim to the BGT gallon frenzy........even though I'm not 100% sure that I love the formula (I know, it makes no sense, it was totally an impulse buy!!) They "got" me with the rumor that BGT wouldn't be available at the same price as the other core gallons next year.

My hair is fine in texture, but I have a lot of it, single process color about four times per year. My absolute fave is TT, but I can use any combo of TT, SAM, CA and LAV and have great results. I can only use the seasonals/613occasionally, don't care for POM, haven't tried Fig or Wen Kids.

I've used about 1/2 of a 32 oz BGT and have been pleased with it. It does rinse much easier than the other formulas, but I'm not sure that I'll be able to use it every single cleanse, like I can the other cores.

I'm glad I got the gallon, though. My man loves the smell (he is NOT a Wen user, he still likes his lather). This might be an option for him to try if he's interested.

Have you tried using TT as a first cleanse and BGT as your second cleanse? I love that combo!!
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor

I have oily, straight, medium hair and yes I find it drying. I mix it with other seasonal's and still it gives me fly away's. It gives me a bit of frizz as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

I just got a sample bottle from a friend and am looking forward to trying it. If I find it too drying I will also mix it with something else. I like the scent since I have already used the replenishing mist.

Super Contributor

It is for some, but I haven't found that to be true for me. Of all the formulas it gives me the most shine. And for that alone I love it, I also like the scent, no floral and it seems the most spa like to me and really gender neutral. That being said it is not as moiturizing as Fig for me, so in the fall months I plan on going right back to Fig!

Trusted Contributor
On 6/12/2014 Hilary77 said:
On 6/12/2014 DoxieMomma said:

I'll admit it, I fell victim to the BGT gallon frenzy........even though I'm not 100% sure that I love the formula (I know, it makes no sense, it was totally an impulse buy!!) They "got" me with the rumor that BGT wouldn't be available at the same price as the other core gallons next year.

My hair is fine in texture, but I have a lot of it, single process color about four times per year. My absolute fave is TT, but I can use any combo of TT, SAM, CA and LAV and have great results. I can only use the seasonals/613occasionally, don't care for POM, haven't tried Fig or Wen Kids.

I've used about 1/2 of a 32 oz BGT and have been pleased with it. It does rinse much easier than the other formulas, but I'm not sure that I'll be able to use it every single cleanse, like I can the other cores.

I'm glad I got the gallon, though. My man loves the smell (he is NOT a Wen user, he still likes his lather). This might be an option for him to try if he's interested.

Have you tried using TT as a first cleanse and BGT as your second cleanse? I love that combo!!

No, not yet! I keep my Wen in different showers (my SO and I are occasionally on opposite schedules, so I sometimes use a guest shower.......we have no separation between our master bedroom and bathroom). My TT is in my "main shower", BGT is the "loner" in my other shower. I'll have to give this one a try soon.

I have to say, I really love TT mixed with anything, SAM is one of my faves for a second cleanse, along with Lavender.