Contributor

Is Anyone confused on all the Face Serums and Facial Machines?

I am so confused on what to get for my skin. I am 44 and using Isomers. Now there seems to be machines galore you can purchase to lift the skin. Ugh! How much stuff do you really need! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Super Contributor

Re: Is Anyone confused on all the Face Serums and Facial Machines?

As you get older...into your 50's, it will not be confusion...it becomes DESPERATION. Desperate confusion. Then it makes more sense to you! Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

You don't need that expensive stuff. You need a good cleanser, moisturizer if you need it, and sunscreen 40+ every day,rain or shine. Go to a good derm, get regular facials and peels. You will save yourself lots of $$$ and look great. Turn off the TV when any of those "amazing, guaranteed to work in 2 weeks", etc. Save your $$$ for an upper eye lift when you think you need it and find a good Plastic Surgeon. I'm coming up on 72 and I've seen it all. I cannot believe that anyone would pay $200+ for an over-the-counter cream that promises to get rid of wrinkles, sagging skin, etc. The best you can hope for in the aging process is to slow it down and find yourself a good Plastic Surgeon and derm.

Frequent Contributor

I have been watching the Isomers presentations over on Shop HQ. there are so many serums now that I find it confusing. I am trying to limit the number of brown bottles in my cabinet. I honestly don't know what I should be using at this point. I have decided a good VitaminC and moisturizer, plus sunscreen will do for the am. In the evening I like Isomers Retiniacin, and a good moisturizer. Oh, an eye cream for am and pm because I am getting cross hatch lines below my eyes. I will try this simplified routine and see what happens. I agree so many choices out there it' s overwhelming.
Trusted Contributor

You can also read some reliable websites that specialize in anti-aging and find the best ingredients to use for your unique concerns which will change over time. They keep you abreast of the most current proven ingredients as well as the latest machines.

I like Truth-in-Aging dot com as it's very informative as well as Essential Day Spa dot com and owndoc dot com. That last one is great for info on derma rolling but they address lots of other aging issues and advances being made.

I definitely endorse the suggestion about finding a good derm and Plastic Surgeon as there are some professional treatments that no home products or gadgets will accomplish as well the pros. And you can budget for yourself what you're willing to pay for professional treatments versus what you're willing to pay for decent skincare. However, I do not adhere to the belief that just the basics are the best you can do in skincare as the ingredients available today are really proving to help with various aging issues. You don't have to spend a fortune either if you are willing to put in some time to find the best prices for products containing the ingredients you most want.

Once you start educating yourself, it becomes easier and easier to know who you rely on (for website info) and what ingredients appeal most to you for dealing with your skin concerns.

Respected Contributor

This is when it is time for you to do some serious research and learning about ingredients. You can do it.Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

On 4/6/2014 luv pets said: I have been watching the Isomers presentations over on Shop HQ. there are so many serums now that I find it confusing. I am trying to limit the number of brown bottles in my cabinet. I honestly don't know what I should be using at this point. I have decided a good VitaminC and moisturizer, plus sunscreen will do for the am. In the evening I like Isomers Retiniacin, and a good moisturizer. Oh, an eye cream for am and pm because I am getting cross hatch lines below my eyes. I will try this simplified routine and see what happens. I agree so many choices out there it' s overwhelming.

I think you've made really wise choices. I finally stopped using Isomers as my only skincare line because they just got too confusing and I found I was doubling up on serums that I didn't necessarily need. No sense in wasting money on overlapping ingredients,imo.

A good C serum every AM and PM (or just AM) and a good retinol treatment PM both followed by the best moisturizer for your particular skin is a great skincare protocol. As you learn of other ingredients you might want to add, you can then decide if and when you want to incorporate them into your routine.
You have definitely addressed the most important products to be using for anyone.

Contributor

Thanks for the info! Appreciate it!

Right now I am using:

Clarisonic, Light Stim, Exfolikate, Isomers Retiniacin, Glutisiome. Oil of Olay Regenerist cream. Just ordered the Ole Henrikson eye duo.

One product I cannot be without is the Exfolikate. Pretty spendy too.

You are right. There is a point in time, when you just have to go to a Derm and decide for yourself what you would like to try.

I have seen the Serious Skincare lifting machine that was on air the other night. Also the Tria that Qvc offered. Also have seen the Microderm machines for the face.

Seems like more and more stuff all the time. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Frequent Contributor

Wackers, thank-you. I know my routine is perhaps over-simplified, but I had to slow down my spending. I don't want to need the compact thread! I just have too many serums that seem to do nothing or perhaps are even canceling each other out. I will read up on ingredients and buy one thing and try it with my new routine. It will be hard, but I will get one thing only. Oh goodness. I probably have that one item in my cabinet already!
Honored Contributor

One thing I do know is that the facemaster and SSC EGG have made a tremendous difference in firming the muscles of my face and my jowls are now gone and my eyes are now the same (I have one lid that always looked more closed) and both look much more open. I noticed a remarkable difference after the first use of these products. I also will not be without my foreo luma and SKINN cleanser. The same is true of the Dr Denesse facial firming pads and hydroshield, SKINN masks and micro dermabrasion, M Araan oil and Perricone's no foundation foundation and concealer. These work for me