Valued Contributor

Is Amazon in discussions to purchase Evine?

Saw this on internet. It was dated April 2018 and stated that Amazon was interested in purchasing a TV shopping corp and that they were in discussions with Evine. Also eluded to the thought that several companies were looking at Evine.

Who knows if that is true but I wonder if this was an impetus to Beekman leaving. I guess we will just wait and see. Again, who knows how much truth there is in this or is it mere specualtion.

We will see if Beekman address their departure .

Honored Contributor

Re: Is Amazon in discussions to purchase Evine?

Very interesting. I will be anxious to see what happens.  Evine has been bought & sold so many times.  That probably is the reaso why Beekman left.

Respected Contributor

Beekman, you mean the goat milk guys?  I just saw them on very recently!

Honored Contributor

Amazon has taken over on everything.You can even hire housekeepers.I think they are getting too  big and hurting too many smaller businesses....grocery stores.tv shoppping,Internet shopping,tv programing and who knows what’s next.i feel that soon we will just have very limited shopping choices.We have a steady stream of delivery trucks in our neighborhood.Stores closing,malls shut down and lately I have noticed that many popular shops in my area are not busy.Fred Meyer used to be bustling and have a large fresh inventory but it is sadly declining.They have a lot of theft problems now too,so I guess it makes sense to keep less stock on shelves.

Honored Contributor

@sandylu wrote:

Saw this on internet. It was dated April 2018 and stated that Amazon was interested in purchasing a TV shopping corp and that they were in discussions with Evine. Also eluded to the thought that several companies were looking at Evine.

Who knows if that is true but I wonder if this was an impetus to Beekman leaving. I guess we will just wait and see. Again, who knows how much truth there is in this or is it mere specualtion.

We will see if Beekman address their departure .

@sandylu

You know what they say ... it if's on the internet, it must be true!  Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

The Beekman Boys are promoting their new line that debuts in September on Evine.

Valued Contributor

What new line? So, are they out of goat milk and on to something else? This is really wild!

Respected Contributor

@sandylu ~

I read something like this awhile ago,too.  Believe it was stated that they would have one of their studios in Cali?  I remember thinking about Demitri, and how easy it would be for him to get there for his shows....

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Valued Contributor

Amazon is taking over the world lol. It's ridiculous.

New Contributor

Beekman will not address this on Evine. I only hope they land here. I spend thousands with them. It is the only reason I watched Evine. Yahoo finance has confirmed they are indeed leaving Evine however and next week Tuesday, Wed, and Thur will be their last shows. I think it blows.