Super Contributor

Re: Is 60 the new 40????

[ Edited ]

@Phantom41 wrote:

@Mermaid22 wrote:

IMG_1443.JPG62 with eye makeup and lipstick ! ! I had melanoma removed with a skin and muscle flap surgery done on my right cheek in March 2016. Plastic surgeon did a wonderful reconstruction on  the area which was the size of a half dollar after the removal. I had a z shaped scar from the bottom of my ear , across and under my eye and down the front of my cheek. Happy to be 62 and healthy!!

You look fantastic!  

Thank you very much! I do regret the amount of time I spent in the the sun. I had my first basal cell skin cancer at age 36. I have stayed out of the sun and wear sunblock every day. However, I have had multiple skin cancers basal, squamous over the years on my body, and then the melanoma which was on my face like I said. This past October 2016, seven months after that surgery I had a squamous cell removed directly under my right eye inches away from the first surgery.It was so strange, I had a small red pimple that virtually showed up over night! Within a week it had gotten much larger. I went to my doctor and she did the biopsy. Literally 2 different skin cancers on my face within 7 months. I underwent MOHS surgery for that . The scar is about a half inch long. I feel like the girl in the nightmare before Christmas movie! Thank goodness that healed well... years of sun damage can take many years to show up! I take each day as it comes and enjoy my life. It's very scary to have reconstructive surgery especially on the face. Thank goodness for my amazing surgeons. Hopefully I'm done!!!

Respected Contributor

You look beautiful!  You are lucky that you have a great team of Doctor's as well watching out for you! Woman Very Happy

Super Contributor

60 is 60 and 40 is 40

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

That pic may have a filter.  This is a google picture.

Janice Dickinson August 2015

I think she looks like every other over injected celeb. She looks older than 60 to me. 

Your age is your age...I am positive of that.

Valued Contributor

Re: Is 60 the new 40????

[ Edited ]

Here I am at 68...  Everyone tells me I don't show my age.   And I did have breast cancer in my 40's.Chuck and Me.jpg