Honored Contributor

Re: Inversion Hair Growth Therapy and Wen Oils

So.........why wouldn't ALL downward facing hair (like armpits and other places) grow that fast?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Contributor

On 9/11/2014 Desertdi said:

So.........why wouldn't ALL downward facing hair (like armpits and other places) grow that fast?

Desertdi, I'm pretty sure it isn't the direction the hair naturally grows. It is the massage combined with increased blood flow (from turning head upside down) that makes the difference. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Most women shave,wax or depilate their armpit hair, before it reaches its full potential.
☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Trusted Contributor

I tried this last week and I swear, my hair seemed longer almost immediately. I'm wondering if there is some hair beneath the scalp ready to pop through and when it does, it stimulates the follicle to grow more, and the massage pushes it through again. I'm sure blood flow does help. Just puzzling to me. Maybe its just psychological, but it did seem to work. I'm doing it again next month. I used a small amount of castor oil, just oiled the palms of my hands. Oil, too, might help push hair through? Just guessing here.

Valued Contributor

On 9/10/2014 sailor moon said:
On 8/29/2014 Newtowen said: Sorry. I wanted to ask. What are BLS and SL.
Here are some more abbreviations: APL--armpit length, BCL--butt crack length and TWA--teeny weeny afro.
Really? LOL!!! Please tell me it's not true.
Formally NewtoWen
Super Contributor

On 9/11/2014 GrailSeeker said:

I tried this last week and I swear, my hair seemed longer almost immediately. I'm wondering if there is some hair beneath the scalp ready to pop through and when it does, it stimulates the follicle to grow more, and the massage pushes it through again. I'm sure blood flow does help. Just puzzling to me. Maybe its just psychological, but it did seem to work. I'm doing it again next month. I used a small amount of castor oil, just oiled the palms of my hands. Oil, too, might help push hair through? Just guessing here.

Yep you're right on the money - growth is a result of everything you stated above, as well as the "shock" factor I mentioned in my OP.

The scalp isn't used to that kind of stimulation on a regular basis, so you can think of inversion as throwing your growth cycle into overdrive once a month.

Super Contributor

On 9/11/2014 celebration said:

So.........why wouldn't <em>ALL</em> downward facing hair (like armpits and other places) grow that fast?

Desertdi, I'm pretty sure it isn't the direction the hair naturally grows. It is the massage combined with increased blood flow (from turning head upside down) that makes the difference. Smiley Happy

I would hope you don't massage your body hair the same way you would massage your scalp {#emotions_dlg.lol}

But yeah, celebration's right - it's the additional stimulation that causes the growth, not simply the fact that the follicle is facing downward.

Super Contributor

On 9/11/2014 StNicki said:

I can attest to growth with this method. I tried a few months ago and definitely noticed substantial growth. I didn't use the oil every time but just massaged my scalp. I'm going to resume it after seeing this thread.

I posted this at the end of August so I'm nearing my next session myself - please do report on your results if you decide to resume inversion!

I'll do the same - and this time I'm doing oil treatments overnight so we'll see how that impacts my growth.

Super Contributor

On 9/11/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

Your hair grew an inch in 7 days?

Yep, my hair started at the bra line and by the end of the inversion period it was just below BSL.

But, like I said, I don't (and no one else should either) expect this kind of growth if inversion is done more than once a month. Otherwise the scalp gets used to the stimulation and it becomes normal, so the growth will be halted.

Super Contributor

I seen a girl on YouTube that was talking about this and got excellent results!

I definitely want to try this!!