Valued Contributor

Re: Interesting info about Milia

They are also assosiated with roseacea.

Valued Contributor

I was getting some around my eyes, on the outer edge of the upper eyelid and on the tops of my cheekbones.  Someone recommended Peter Thomas Roth's Retinol Fusion PM eye cream, and they are beginning to  disappear.

Very happy to have found a solution that doesn't involve needles and/or a visit to a dermatologist!

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Honored Contributor

@sharlee   I don't think you need to spend a lot of money.  I have never used glycolic cleanser (its by InstaNatural) and I received it today.  I washed my face with it gently, rinsed and then applied my gentle toner and moisturizer.  My skin looks like it has a new life.  When I rinsed and dried off, I thought I was seeing things because my skin was cleaner, brighter and I am just not saying this.  There was a big difference from my regular cleanser use.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs 

You're more brave than me!  I tried to open up a large blemish once and it was terrible!  I ended up with a worse thing and a scar to boot!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse 

I commiserate with you!  I think I will probably just have to live with mine, too.  I hate them!  I could see if I abused my skin, didn't take care of it, ate poorly, etc.  But just the contrary is true.  

Honored Contributor

@fluffysmom 

Really?  I never heard that.  Well, if so, that explains why I have them!

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@sharlee   I don't think you need to spend a lot of money.  I have never used glycolic cleanser (its by InstaNatural) and I received it today.  I washed my face with it gently, rinsed and then applied my gentle toner and moisturizer.  My skin looks like it has a new life.  When I rinsed and dried off, I thought I was seeing things because my skin was cleaner, brighter and I am just not saying this.  There was a big difference from my regular cleanser use.

do you use this glycolic cleanser everyday? not too harsh? thanks.

Honored Contributor

Not all milia are the same. There are 5 different kinds of milia and their causes are numerous. Some may go away on their own while others need to be extracted.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Not all milia are the same. There are 5 different kinds of milia and their causes are numerous. Some may go away on their own while others need to be extracted.

Yes, the ones that babies have are different than those that adults can get. The baby ones go away. The adult one will not go away without intervention. They are not blemishs but rather closed cysts of keratin.

The only one I had removed was on my eyelid. It was very irritating. An eye doctor did the procedure.

@SilleeMee 

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Effie54 

Same as you!  If I don't use enough lotion, my skin gets red and upset.  If I use too much, it gets red and mad and will break out!  There is no pleasing it any more.  I try my hardest to be gentle and kind to it, but it does not reciprocate!  I really have no clue what to do with it any more!  

It makes it so hard to have skin without redness. It came on all of a sudden for me, without warning. I've had to learn not to use any kind of cleanser anymore on my face. I have to use cleaning cloths with micellular water cleanser, and use lotion mostly at night. I thought aloe vera would be a good choice. No, it made it worse, as some people are allergic to aloe. What I did was to go on Etsy and have vegan cream without a lot of oil, no fragrance, no additives made for me. That seem to work the best. I feel your frustration for sure! ❤️