Honored Contributor

Interesting article about HSN in Elle Magazine - certain lines "tweaked?"

Did anyone read the article about HSN in Elle Magazine. I'm pretty far behind in my magazines so I don't know which issue. It'd be either February or March.

The article was about Mindy Grossman in particular and how much change she has brought to HSN and how much their sales have increased since she took over. The article went on to indicate that she approached Iman about starting a line for HSN and she also recently met with Lady Gaga to speak with her for the same reason. That was interesting to me because I have always been under the impression that these celebs approach the shopping channel to sell their stuff. Maybe that's not always the case?

Anyhow, I found it very interesting that in the article, it talked about all the higher-end people that Grossman has lured to HSN including Jonathan Adler, Mary J Blige, Mariah Carey, etc. Then it said that prestige cosmetics brands Stila and Lancome sell "tweaked" versions of their products on HSN.

What exactly does that mean? Are these lines creating products specifically for HSN that aren't the same as what is being sold in dept. stores?

The article also stated that Colleen Lopez is the queen of HSN and its top sales person. I think that is pretty apparent.