Respected Contributor

Re: Interesting article about Cetaphil

I use CeraVe too and love it. My dermatologist recommended it. The cost is reasonable and it's readily available. I use the face products and swear by the body cream. Instantly took care of my dry winter skin issues. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another vote for Cerave! I use the Hydrating Cleanser and my dry skin loves it. It easily removes my makeup, but I never wear heavy full coverage makeup so I don't know how it would do with that. 

Super Contributor

I started out with purity but about two years ago the product began to irritate my face..I have switched to tatcha and love the product..it is costly but seems to last forever.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

When recovering from surgery, I couldn't take a bath. So someone recommended that I use Cetaphil, which can be applied as a no-water cleanser (instructions on the bottle). I did that for a couple days and developed a nasty rash on my stomach, even though I had used a damp washcloth afterward.

I'm not at all surprised by the article.

The cetaphil for normal to oily skin is nice.  The original one is awful and just pushes the makeup around on one's face, LOL.  It doesn't appear to clean!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@tarsmom wrote:

I just looked at Beautypedia's site and now she is recommending their most recent cleanser that has liquid/oil.    So I guess it just depends on the ingredients.  And OMG she HATES Purity!  Wow!!  Read about it on her site....

I hate purity too.  CYSTIC ACNE!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the article.

Over 20 years ago a derm recommended Cetaphil to me -- he even gave me a sample bottle.   I used the sample a few times, but thought it was too harsh for my sensitive skin and tossed it   I couldn't understand why a derm would recommend it.  

I use mainly Neutrogena these days -- sometimes CereVe or Olay.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I used to use Cetaphil years ago when Paula wrote the Don't Go To the Cosmetics Counter Without Me book.

I never really thought it removed anything, make-up, dirt, oil etc. very well.

Have now been using CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser and alternate with a No. 7 Melting Gel Cleanser and my sensitive skin has never looked or felt better!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Super Contributor

@Jacie do you find that the Cerave hydrating cleanser removes makeup?
Respected Contributor

@StillRachB wrote:
@Jacie do you find that the Cerave hydrating cleanser removes makeup?

@StillRachB 

I do. But, only a light application of make-up. If I have gone full face, full on, out for the evening kind of thing, well then I go for cleaning cream or gel prior to using it. But it really has done a nice job for me.  I am very dry, sensitive and although I am in remission now, have psoriasis prone skin and it does the job. It's worth a try if you haven't!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@StillRachB  Bloody unbelievable. I have never used it but how can it still exist? Each ingredient is horrible. I avoid SLS in everything I can, and it's one of them. I'd rather use soap and water than this stuff. They should be shot for inventing it. But they know there's a sucker born every minute.

I hate Purity.