Respected Contributor

Re: Insulting QVC Customer Service Response

[ Edited ]

I found if you call 10 times you get 10 different answers. Both CS and their managers often say "sorry but there is nothing I can do". I ordered an Or Paz ring that went from In Process to Backordered but was still available online for purchase. I called and the CS representative cancelled my first order and reordered the ring. Well, after being In Procss form5 days it went into Backorder.  When I called and spoke to CS and a manager they both said the first CS rep should never have cancelled the first order because now I was at the end of the Backorder line - well that doesn't help me any but "there was nothing they could do". They gave me expedited shipping but the ring didn't ship for 3-4 weeks. Almost cancelled but glad I didn't. Waited almost 2 months for the ring. 

Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

I would like to say, in the old Q DAYS, this happen to me and they honored it.  The newer CS  reps are not savy or polite like to those use to be back when.

Why is it impolite? There is no obligation to honor the request.

If I agree to purchase a used car from you for $10,000 and I give you a check for $9,000, would it be impolite for you to refuse payment at a lower price? IMO, good business etiquette involves both sides honoring the agreement.

Regular Contributor

In 2014 I bought a ring....loved it. A few DAYS after I received it.... it went on sale.  I called cs and asked if they would give me the difference in price and she said she couldn't but I could return the ring and order the ring again at sale price. I wound up doing that because I still came out ahead.....but, I just thought that was poor customer service. Why make the customer go through the hassle of returning ...but I'm sure QVC counts on the chance I would not want to go through the hassle of returning. And for those who will say that QVC is not obligated to give price reductiions.....of course they're not.  I'm just saying that it would be good customer service to do so.  If you bring something back to a department store, they will give you the difference.  (some places you just have to bring the receipt).   

Honored Contributor

Honestly, I would never attempt to handle something like this by email. The phone call to talk to a real person is best when you want them to bend the rules. Email is too impersonal & generally results in a standard answer. 

I've gotten partial refunds when I purchased an item less than thirty days before a price reduction but I have never requested one when the item was purchased over 30 days before the reduction. 

Regular Contributor

Guess I don't know why you feel you should have been given a rebate in the first place and I hardly would call their response insulting.

Valued Contributor

I get that it's annoying, but how is it "insulting"?

Honored Contributor

Just a thought, but in the past I've noticed an item for a specific price and a day or two over the 30 day return window, the item drops in price!! I really think it is done on purpose by the Q and frankly its a little deceptive on their part.

I also think that much of their profit comes from shipping fees that add up when you consider how many people purchase, try something on and then either use their smart label ($6.95 into their pockets) or us using our own label and saving a few cents to return via USPS or UPS.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

You only have 30 days to return something.  I don't know how she would say to retrurn it now and repurchase the bracelet.  I have to say you can call and try to get another rep, but it's been over 30 days since the bracelet went on sale.  I don't think that the Q has an obligation to give you the difference in price.  Their policy is 30 days.  I would just move on with your life and go about your business.  I've had this happen to me once and I learned if it's a certain brand like Judith Ripka, I no longer purchase anything from her when it's new beccause if you wait a month or two it always goes on clearance.  

CS rep could be correct about returning the bracelet to get a refund and reorder at the lower price.  Depending on WHEN the OP received the bracelet..  There is a disconnect between the timeframe you can return an item for refund vs getting a price adjustment when it goes on sale.  Per QVC's return policy:

Love It or Return It Within 30 Days

Something not quite right? Get a refund when you send your purchase back within 30 days of receipt, no questions asked.

They key thing to pick up on is " 30 days of RECEIPT of item".  Shipping adds 3-7 days so the 30 day return clock doesn't start until you actually have the item.  BUT for price adjustments, QVC uses the ORDER date to start the 30 day clock.  This always made no sense to me, because if I can return it for a refund and get the lower price, why can't CS refund me the difference.  

I assumed, probably incorrectly, in that QVC has the 30 day price guarantee becasue if the price is reduced, QVC knows the customer can return the item and reoder it if within 30 days of receipt so instead of making their customer go through that hassle, they offer the price guarantee.  But at this time, both 30 days policies are not synced up which causes confustion and frustration.

Honored Contributor

@lovethgedress wrote:

Guess I don't know why you feel you should have been given a rebate in the first place and I hardly would call their response insulting.

Exactly. And where do you draw the line? Should the person who purchased it 5 months ago get the refund? How about 3months ago? How about one month and 2 weeks ago?

It happens everywhere- often we buy things and later it goes on sale. That is just how life works and to expect companies to break the rules for you when you are over the allotted time, then why not for everyone? Why even bother having the rules in place? Even costco only does price ajustments within ONE WEEKof your purchase if the items go on sale.

I don't think it was rude at all unless you consider rude being because they did  not doi what YOU want them to do despite the rules.

Honored Contributor

@nomless wrote:

OP, I'm curious as to why you think Q's 30-day price match policy should be extrended to more than 30 days for you.  What basis is there for you to be an exception to the policy?

oh soooo many on these forums (and outside) think that the rules should be broken for them. And, as I said over and over again, where do we draw the line- 45 days? 60 days? Why is the person who is past the 30 days by say 7 days more obliged to have the policy be broken for them  than the person who is past the 30 days but 10 days? or 14 days? It just gets ridiculous.