Trusted Contributor

Insulting QVC Customer Service Response

[ Edited ]

I emailed QVC customer service today to ask if I could receive a rebate on an item I paid full price for that was now on sale during Silver Style. I've asked for the sale price to be honored once in a blue moon and only on items purchased recently. I'd waited and waited for a bracelet I liked to go on sale and finally gave up and used EZ pay to buy it. I also gave it a great review!

When I saw the sale price today I asked if QVC would give me a rebate for the sale price. Just so you know I was prepared to take no for an answer. Well, I received an email saying that since I'd bought the bracelet over 30 days ago  I culdn't get the rebate....BUT....I was welcome to return the item and purchase a new one for the sale price. Oh, and it had been a pleasure assisting me!

The email annoyed me off and on all day. Finally decided to vent here, If I couldn't get the rebate because the 30 days were up how was I going to return the over 30-day original purchase? Is this good business to tell a customer to return a used item for new? And how much $$ and time spent in the return and resend process for both me and the Q?

Candy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Insulting QVC Customer Service Response

You only have 30 days to return something.  I don't know how she would say to retrurn it now and repurchase the bracelet.  I have to say you can call and try to get another rep, but it's been over 30 days since the bracelet went on sale.  I don't think that the Q has an obligation to give you the difference in price.  Their policy is 30 days.  I would just move on with your life and go about your business.  I've had this happen to me once and I learned if it's a certain brand like Judith Ripka, I no longer purchase anything from her when it's new beccause if you wait a month or two it always goes on clearance.  

Esteemed Contributor

I feel this could have been handled so much nicer by the c.s....if she felt its past 30 days and your bracelet was no longer able to received a refund on the difference ...she should not have suggested you return and buy again...you would have incured return shipping fees...and then shipping fees to get the new sent out....not a good choice for you...

I guess i would like to know how past 30 days was your purchase...if only a few days or a week...c.s. should have given you the credit...if it was way longer then that...then your bracelet really didn't qualify for the credit...

Next time ask to speak to a supervisor or call back a few hours later when you might get a differenct c.s....

Honored Contributor

I'd just give cs a call and see what they tell you in person. Give it a try.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

You only have 30 days to return something.  I don't know how she would say to retrurn it now and repurchase the bracelet.  I have to say you can call and try to get another rep, but it's been over 30 days since the bracelet went on sale.  I don't think that the Q has an obligation to give you the difference in price.  Their policy is 30 days.  I would just move on with your life and go about your business.  I've had this happen to me once and I learned if it's a certain brand like Judith Ripka, I no longer purchase anything from her when it's new beccause if you wait a month or two it always goes on clearance.  

I don't think so either. If  I agree to a price and purchase the product that is the amount I pay for the item.

I would not want to be billed a greater amount with a price increase, so I do not  expect a refund at a lower sales point.

Valued Contributor

I have returned things that are over 30 days, because I am still paying EZP on the item.  More than once.  So, I think you have 30 days from the last payment, but you may want to double-check on this.  However, I've done this off & on successfully over the past 10 years or so.  Not a lot, but when necessary.  So, I actually think the C/S rep was giving you a heads-up about that, which is a nice thing to do & not insulting, after all.  If this was the case.  

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Honored Contributor

E-Mailing is not a good idea. It is better to talk to someone. Why did you e-mail? I also think CS is not well trained.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Trusted Contributor

If you call CS and talk to them. I'm sure someone will help you. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

OP, I'm curious as to why you think Q's 30-day price match policy should be extrended to more than 30 days for you.  What basis is there for you to be an exception to the policy?

Honored Contributor

@Vickiv wrote:

If you call CS and talk to them. I'm sure someone will help you. 

I disagree.  They are often not very flexible.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"