Honored Contributor

Re: Insulting QVC Customer Service Response

[ Edited ]

It is 30 days FROM TIME OF RECEIPT OF THE ITEM,  NOT time of ordering. In my case, a return could technically be more like 40-45 days after I order because after processsing time and then the super slow delivery, my orders usually come to me 10-15 days after I order. Unless I missed it, OP only states she was past the 30 days  but does not say how much past or if she means past the 30 days since she ordered it.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC is a business ... their return policy is 30 days & I have never heard them say if the price on an item is reduced that they will give  us a refund of the difference in price ( either within or outside the 30 day time frame)..... if you purchase something at a department store & the item goes on sale within 30 days of your purchase they will give you a refund but I never heard of QVC doing this!

Contributor

I don't see how you think that the reps response was insulting. She told you exactly what to do to get the lower price. It may or may not be worth it , with the price of the return label, you need to decide that. 

Valued Contributor

@BlingQueen022, your comment was insulting and trollsome, which is why I called You out on it.  Nice try.  Moving on!

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SerenityNowMyndi wrote:

@BlingQueen022, your comment was insulting and trollsome, which is why I called You out on it.  Nice try.  Moving on!

@Serenity-Now  I'll cry about it all day today.  I'm giving you a heart and it's not for your original comment it's for your rude comment that I called you so right on.  Have a nice day. I'm still allowed to voice my opnion and I still don''t believe you. For the record, I didn't say anything rude at all I disagreed with you.  If you can't accept disagreement, you need to make a major correction in your life.  I wish you the best of luck. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't understand people getting insulted by a CS rep doing their job. I am sure they have rules to follow given to them by their employer QVC. 

As for wanting discounted prices and not getting them, where is the cutoff point? If something you bought goes on sale 45 days later, 60 days later, 90 days later? That's why they make policies otherwise people would be calling them all the time and saying something they bought is now cheaper and they want a refund for the difference.

As an aside, yesterday when in Walgreens picking up a prescription, some girl walked over to the beauty counter and said she had a return for some makeup item. The salesgirl looked at the receipt and said this was purchase 6 weeks ago, was something wrong with it. The girl said no, I just decided I didn't like it. She got her refund. And of course, the salesgirl threw it into a bin for returns to be thrown away. That customer probably wore that makeup over and over and then wanted something new for spring and got a refund. Such a waste.!

ETA: Often when reading the complaints on these forums about CS I get the feeling that customers think QVC should honor any request they make or they will be called out on it, rude, insulting, discourteous, not helpful. Following rules and policies of a company is none of those things but it often seems people feel a sense of entitlement. How could a CS rep sitting in a call center do something like wait for someone to return something, then flag that item, and then send it to another customer who wanted the return when it came back to the warehouse (as was described in an earlier thread).

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Trusted Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Vickiv wrote:

If you call CS and talk to them. I'm sure someone will help you. 

I disagree.  They are often not very flexible.

nor should they be on certain policies. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor

@candyagain wrote:

I emailed QVC customer service today to ask if I could receive a rebate on an item I paid full price for that was now on sale during Silver Style. I've asked for the sale price to be honored once in a blue moon and only on items purchased recently. I'd waited and waited for a bracelet I liked to go on sale and finally gave up and used EZ pay to buy it. I also gave it a great review!

When I saw the sale price today I asked if QVC would give me a rebate for the sale price. Just so you know I was prepared to take no for an answer. Well, I received an email saying that since I'd bought the bracelet over 30 days ago  I culdn't get the rebate....BUT....I was welcome to return the item and purchase a new one for the sale price. Oh, and it had been a pleasure assisting me!

The email annoyed me off and on all day. Finally decided to vent here, If I couldn't get the rebate because the 30 days were up how was I going to return the over 30-day original purchase? Is this good business to tell a customer to return a used item for new? And how much $$ and time spent in the return and resend process for both me and the Q?

Candy

@candyagain

I read your post twice and still don't know what was "insulting" about their reply.  How were you insulted?

Nevertheless,, you should have picked up the phone and talked to a CS rep.    

Respected Contributor

In a CS position I had w/a bank, a customer wanted a refund for postage. I read her (very politely) the company policy declining refund of postage and she then demanded a supervisor, stating I was rude.

I wasnt rude, I was following the policy the bank insisted I follow and tried to explain that. The supervisor gave her the refund.

I dont believe all CS are 'rude'-you're just being told a reality you don't agree with. That's not rude, that's life on life's own terms.

Put on your big girl panties.

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Just a thought, but in the past I've noticed an item for a specific price and a day or two over the 30 day return window, the item drops in price!! I really think it is done on purpose by the Q and frankly its a little deceptive on their part.

I also think that much of their profit comes from shipping fees that add up when you consider how many people purchase, try something on and then either use their smart label ($6.95 into their pockets) or us using our own label and saving a few cents to return via USPS or UPS.

I don't think it is deceptive.  It's just a company putting an item on sale.  It happens all the time.  As far as I know there is no blanket insurance about what day and when an item that it will be the cheapest.  You buy it, you buy it.  I