Honored Contributor

Got my instyler yesterday and tried it today on freshly shampooed hair. I don't use conditioner as it weighs my very fine, short, stick-straight hair down. As per the instructions, I applied something ( living proof mousse) to my fly away tresses and dried it. Then I used the instyler only to find that it will not grab onto my hair as my hair is very soft and slick. My hair just pulled thru it with no curl or even a bend in that section of hair. So I then sprayed my hair with some hair spray and fluffed it as much as I could, to go on with my day and then decided just for sh*ts and giggles, I'd try the instyler again and this time the barrel and the brush grabbed onto my hair and gave it the body and just enough of a curl to poof my hair out!!! Did it all over my head and a choir of angels sang!!!!! I sprayed it down with some hair spray and it looks pretty darn good. I have always wanted curls because I don't have them naturally and altho this doesn't curl per say it does give a nice amount of bend and fluff. Think I'll keep it awhile and see where it takes me. Wow this is pretty long---sorry{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}