Respected Contributor

@SilleeMeeI do line my waterline on occasion but it does irritate my eyes if its on too long. I apply most of the time the way @Katcat1 applies it. I would never use a shadow with a brush as it just too harsh with a slanted or pointed eye brush. A softer pencil is far less irritating to the eyes in general. jmo.

Respected Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

Very interesting about using eye shadow instead of pencils!  Thanks! 

I don't line my inner rim, but I do use eyeshadow for my lower lashline. It goes on smoother and looks much nicer that a pencil which can look rather stark if you don't smudge it out and I find it hard to smudge out eyeliner vs eye shadow. If you never tried powder eyeshadow as a liner try it and it does stay all  day. I don't think I would use  powder on my lower rim though I would be afraid of the powder going into my eye.

Honored Contributor

@wishmoon wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Instead of using a pencil liner, try applying a black or very dark brown eyeshadow powder with a fine liner brush. I read about that here when the question about rim lining came up one day. It really works nicely.

Do you wet the eyeshadow, @SilleeMee? Thank you.

@wishmoon 

I had to come back to your question today because this morning I tried a wet application and I have to say it turned out very nice!  The wet application makes the liner darker, more intense, and it seemed to lay down nicely on my waterline without any of it traveling...almost like using a liquid liner. I also used it to tightline my upper lash line and that turned out looking really good, too!

Contributor

I have been loving the Flower beauty kohl in total blackout. It smudges a little in humidity but I like that look. Available at Ulta in store and online.

Flower Kohl.JPG

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@wishmoon wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Instead of using a pencil liner, try applying a black or very dark brown eyeshadow powder with a fine liner brush. I read about that here when the question about rim lining came up one day. It really works nicely.

Do you wet the eyeshadow, @SilleeMee? Thank you.

@wishmoon 

I had to come back to your question today because this morning I tried a wet application and I have to say it turned out very nice!  The wet application makes the liner darker, more intense, and it seemed to lay down nicely on my waterline without any of it traveling...almost like using a liquid liner. I also used it to tightline my upper lash line and that turned out looking really good, too!

@SilleeMee 

Thank you so much for taking the time to come back and tell me of your discovery, I really appreciate it and will try.

Trusted Contributor

@skapoor wrote:

I have been loving the Flower beauty kohl in total blackout. It smudges a little in humidity but I like that look. Available at Ulta in store and online.

Flower Kohl.JPG

Thank you, I just put in an order to Ulta but will include this in my next one!

Trusted Contributor

Because I have hooded eyes, I always line only my water line.  I have tried a ton of liners and while i've found some good ones, my current fave is the Milk Makeup Long Wear Eyeliner.  It's a little pricey - $22 at Sephora, but it doesn't transfer to my lower water line, doesn't smear and lasts all day.  I've found it especially good this time of year when my allergies are at full force and most liners end up smearing because of my watery eyes.

The Sephora spring sale is coming soon so I recommend trying it if you love a dark upper waterline but normally have problems with irritation,smearing or liners that disappear after a few hours.  If you don't like it, you can always return it;

Super Contributor
Have always used Christian Dior liner pencil, BUT since Mally came to QVC have been using all her different color liner pencils, LOVE THEM and they do stay on my eyes all day, not the crayon one's but the pencils only...