Valued Contributor

Laura Geller's Inkcredibles eyeliners stay on best for me.

Honored Contributor

I don't remember the brand name but it was a waterproof pencil, possibly Smashbox.  However, I always wondered how you removed the liner from the upper, inner lid.  I have taken an eye liner pencil to dot between the lashes but that is it.

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I don't remember the brand name but it was a waterproof pencil, possibly Smashbox.  However, I always wondered how you removed the liner from the upper, inner lid.  I have taken an eye liner pencil to dot between the lashes but that is it.

Mine comes off with purity just fine.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Inner rim eye liner?

[ Edited ]

@this is my nic  I’ve been lining my waterlines for about 40 years; it’s nothing new. Right now I’m using “Rimmel Exxagerate Waterproof Eye Definer.”  You can purchase on Amazon in a variety of colors for under $5. Your local drugstore or Ulta may only have black as a choice, that’s why I suggested Amazon in case you wanted a different color.

These are automatic pencils that are very creamy and they go on the waterline very easily. If this pencil doesn’t work for you, then I have no other recommendations; it’s that good. 

Tip: You can try gently pulling your lid down (or up, depending which eye you’re working on) and using a fingertip to gently swipe across the waterline to dry it before applying the liner. I would not recommend using a tissue for this. Definitely use your fingertip. HTH

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

Re: Inner rim eye liner?

[ Edited ]

@this is my nic 

Please, Do not use powder inside your eyes. IT cosmetics set of two eyeliners no issues with transferring or most importantly allergic reactions. In the past used several brands previously mentioned. Won't take a risk changing. 

Honored Contributor

What has worked best for me is waterproof gel liner and a fine tip brush. Bobbi Brown gels are good (be sure to keep the top closed tightly or they’ll dry out)....25% off on her site now and free shipping.

I use the dark brown shades and line my upper inner lid and dot between my top lashes to make them look fuller. I’m also using her Indigo Ink (discontinued) in the top water line.

Mally’s waterproof pencils are also wonderful for showing up and staying in place. 

Esteemed Contributor

I also use a liner pencil to make dots between lashes on the lash line.  I lift my eyelids slightly and make the dots from the underside -- but I don't apply eyeliner on the inner rim, just on the lash line.  Saw this method somewhere years ago and it works for me.  The eyeliner is visible and lasts all day.  When I apply liner on the inner rim, it "washes" off in about an hour and irritates my eyes.  Everyone is different.

I use Mally twist-up liners or the cheap Rimmel liners (I swear they multiply in my drawer!).  Several other brands irritate my eyes.   I tried wetting powder eye shadows several times and, again, made my eyes red and itchy.   

I've always been envious of those who don't have sensitive eyes and can wear any product applied any way they want.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

What has worked best for me is waterproof gel liner and a fine tip brush. Bobbi Brown gels are good (be sure to keep the top closed tightly or they’ll dry out)....25% off on her site now and free shipping.

I use the dark brown shades and line my upper inner lid and dot between my top lashes to make them look fuller. I’m also using her Indigo Ink (discontinued) in the top water line.

Mally’s waterproof pencils are also wonderful for showing up and staying in place. 

Bobbi Brown is my second favorite for this. My first was Smashbox, gel pot liner with angled brush, but I can't find it anymore.   Holly Mordini used to demonstrate this eyeliner on QVC on the model Chantell.  Gorgeous.

Do the math.
Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@this is my nic 

Please, Do not use powder inside your eyes. IT cosmetics set of two eyeliners no issues with transferring or most importantly allergic reactions. In the past used several brands previously mentioned. Won't take a risk changing. 

My sentiments exactly, @Sweet_Serenity.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Yes, Smashbox's jet set was what it was called.  I loved and used this product exclusively but it has been discontinued, not quite sure why.  Many other products accomplish the same thing i'm guessing???  I originally purchased it the first time here on the Q with the slanted, ergonomic liner brush.  

It's nice to hear from you @Shanus .  I hope youve been away from the boards due to living a busy, full life.  Hope you and yours are well.