Respected Contributor

I have tried many eyeliners on the inner rims of my eyes, but nothing happens, nothing shows.  It's like I didn't even try to line my eyes.   Nothing, including drug store brands and the prestige brands, works.   Is there a trick I'm unaware of? Does anyone else have this issue?  

Respected Contributor

Do you have watery eyes?  That might be the problem.

I use several different eyeliners to line my waterlines -- IT Cosmetics, Rimmel Scandal Eyes, Urban Decay, Jouer

Honored Contributor

Instead of using a pencil liner, try applying a black or very dark brown eyeshadow powder with a fine liner brush. I read about that here when the question about rim lining came up one day. It really works nicely.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Instead of using a pencil liner, try applying a black or very dark brown eyeshadow powder with a fine liner brush. I read about that here when the question about rim lining came up one day. It really works nicely.

Do you wet the eyeshadow, @SilleeMee? Thank you.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@wishmoon wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

No. Just use your dry liner brush and tap it across the waterline until you see an even coverage. Don't put too much powder on the brush. You can always go back and fill in where you need it. @wishmoon  

Respected Contributor

I have always lined my waterline in black

I agree most do not stick

3 that do work for me are Milani, Josie Maran and Trish McEvoy

Respected Contributor

Very interesting about using eye shadow instead of pencils!  Thanks! 

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

No. Just use your dry liner brush and tap it across the waterline until you see an even coverage. Don't put too much powder on the brush. You can always go back and fill in where you need it. @wishmoon  

I'll try that, thanks again.

Honored Contributor

Another thing that you can do if you use a pencil liner is to go back and set it with a black eyeshadow powder. Not only will that make it stay on longer, it will also intensify the blackness.

Honored Contributor

I don't do it very often, but the only liner I have had any luck lining the waterline is Tarte's Inner Rim Liner.  Even with that I don't get a dark, intense line.  For me, I would be afraid of the powder eyeshadow trick because if just one grain gets in my eyes, it'll drive me crazy.