Honored Contributor

Injectable facial fillers...not safe for everyone

Woman Disfigured by Fillers Forced to Tape Eyes Open in Order to See

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/healthtrending/woman-disfigured-by-fillers-forced-to-tape-eyes-open-...

Respected Contributor

Re: Injectable facial fillers...not safe for everyone

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Woman Disfigured by Fillers Forced to Tape Eyes Open in Order to See

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/healthtrending/woman-disfigured-by-fillers-forced-to-tape-eyes-open-...

She better lay off her lips too. She was beautiful before. She didn't need work. Methinks her money would be better spent on a psychiatrist. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Valued Contributor

I'm sorry this happened to this woman. I hope she finds relief from this.

There were details left out of this story...was it silicone injections or hyaluronic injections? Did she see someone with lots of experience with injectables? 

Everyone needs to do their homework before getting work done. I've had Juvederm injections and have been very satisfied with the result. 

Most stories that you read about leave out details....there is always the 'rest of the story.' That's why I have become so skeptical of any article or news story. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden,  About 7 or 8 years ago there was a couple from Florida that were on 20/20 or one of those programs that ended up in the hospital with very serious conditions.  Paralyzed (could not walk); could not talk and other ailments.  It was quite an awakening.  What happened was the dr. decided to try a different brand of Botox because it was cheaper and it ended up not being Botox at all.  Can you imagine being injected with some foreign substance?  My heart with out to that couple.  You really need to know who you are going to when receiving these injections.  A very reputable Dermatologist.  Cat Indifferent

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@SeaMaiden,  About 7 or 8 years ago there was a couple from Florida that were on 20/20 or one of those programs that ended up in the hospital with very serious conditions.  Paralyzed (could not walk); could not talk and other ailments.  It was quite an awakening.  What happened was the dr. decided to try a different brand of Botox because it was cheaper and it ended up not being Botox at all.  Can you imagine being injected with some foreign substance?  My heart with out to that couple.  You really need to know who you are going to when receiving these injections.  A very reputable Dermatologist.  Cat Indifferent

@Katcat1  I was looking in the mirror recently and was thinking MAYBE I would try some injections one day....now.... probably not!

Honored Contributor

I've been using Juvederm, Voluma and Botox for years with NO challenges.   I go to the #1 provider in Arizona.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I've been using Juvederm, Voluma and Botox for years with NO challenges.   I go to the #1 provider in Arizona.

I have not used Voluma, but I've used Botox.  I go to a trained professional that I trust.

I may try that filler at some point in my life.  Right now...I'm good with just botox, but when I get older...may do some filler.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

That is unfortunate, but as others have pointed out, we didn't get the whole story. I've shared my filler and botox story on this board. I'm very happy with the outcome and will continue using them. I did extensive homework and went to a very experienced plastic surgeon. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden,   I did not tell you about the couple to scare you but rather to be alert as to who you go to for the injections.  If you choose a well known Dermatologist with a reputable physician group or single, excellent practice.  No reputable doctor would cut corners with Botox.  That would ruin her/him for life.  Personally, I am not sure I would like a needle in my face but that's me. Take care.  Cat Very Happy  I am happy today because Spring is here and it feels like it.  I can't wait for the flowering trees to bloom. 

Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

I have done fillers for my tear throughs under the eyes and some for my laugh lines for years with no problems.  I had skin cancer on my nose and when it was healed one of my eyes was more sunken in, so fillers have helped me to look normal and not tired all the time.  As with anything, moderation is the key and do research.  I have read about "filler" parties with so called doctors coming to their house with often disasterous results.  Use your head people!!