Frequent Contributor

Initial review of Clinique CC Cream

Just thought I would share my first impressions of Clinique's CC cream. I had been wanting to try the IT cosmetics one but decided to wait until I hear more reviews. I did get a sample of Cliniques to try in the mean time.

I really like this product. I have tried a lot of bb creams because I like the ease of one product (always use additional spf though). To me this product is similar to a tinted moisturizer which provides some moisture and brightening. It has a gel like consistency and spreads easily. It has a dewy finish upon application but settles down to more of a satiny/dewy finish that is natural looking. It is not matte to me. It does cover some minor redness and evens out my skintone. I would consider this light...maybe medium coverage. I still needed a concealer on some spots. This is a nice product if you need only light coverage and some evening out of your skin but is definitely not full coverage.

The colors run dark to me so you may want to try at the counter. I got light-medium and its fine now but would be too dark for me in the winter months. I am a neutral light-medium leaning medium in the summer. Its spf 30 and a combination physical and chemical sunscreen.

I did get a sample of the Clinique bb cream in the past and from my memory that provided more coverage but was drying on me. I like the gel like consistency of the CC cream for my mature skin.

Hope this review helps .... From what I have read the IT has much more coverage than this one does. I am still on the fence about that one but may bite the bullet and order it anyway!