Respected Contributor

Inis vs. Dolce and Gabbana Light blue

I've been thinking of trying a new fragrance. I normally wear Summer Grace or sometimes Intense Amazing Grace. It's  been at least 9 years since I've changed fragrances. 

I've never smelled either of these. Is anyone familiar with both of them? I prefer clean light smelling scents that hopefully linger all day. D&G is on sale here and Inis has a small size kit on Amazon, I thought I might try(Non-returnable)😮

Thanks for the help.🤗

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

Re: Inis vs. Dolce and Gabbana Light blue

Light Blue has been a fave of mine and my daughters for years now, it is delicious and the scent lasts forever. 

Honored Contributor

When I want to try a new fragrance I try to find sample vials sold on ebay. 

Respected Contributor

@Starpolisher  I love both D&G Light Blue and Inis. They have a lovely clean, crisp fragrance that lasts all day. The Light Blue has a light undernote of clean citrus and Inis has a clean, light almost airy/beachy scent that lasts all day as well.  Personally, I think you can't go wrong with either fragrance.  They're both two of my most favorite perfumes. 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

I don't know what Light Blue smells like, but Inis the Energy of the Sea is one of my go to's.  You can buy a rollerball on Amazon for $20, to give it a try.  

Honored Contributor

Love DG Light Blue, it lasts all day and is very refreshing.

Respected Contributor

I've purchased light blue in the past. It's a good one.

Trusted Contributor

I currently have Light Blue in my collection of perfumes.

I love it, too.

The citrus notes come out on me.

I think that there might be lemon or bergamot in it, of which bergamot  smells similar to lemon.

It comes in an Eau De Toilette, and it does have staying power although I think that it's meant to be a lighter fragrance.

I haven't worn Inis for many years but it's also a very pretty fragrance.

I think of it as also being a very clean fragrance, like a fragrance that reminds you of the outdoors. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Inis, it is a very clean smell but not powdery . It has lasting power even though its light. 

I have always had a signature scent, for many years it was Channel no 5, I lost my husband in 2014, the last time I wore it was to his funeral.  It was too painful for me to smell, so I started wearing Tresor...time passed and I remarried in 2016...it gave my new husband headaches so I love the scent of Inis and so does he. It does have a very natural scent

Respected Contributor

perfume is so personal. I can't stand either of the ones you mentioned. The Inis smells masculine to me. Light Blue turns into a sour smell whenever I've tried it. I've returned to Amazing Grace and Tova, most often. I also wear Acqua di Gioia  it's a lovely seaside type fragrance. You might like it

Harmonize the World