Honored Contributor

Re: Info for Beauty Salons now 6/2

@AlleyCat wrote:

I had an appointment for a cut and color on May 13.  My hairdresser and the place she works both posted all the rules for coming into their place of business around the end of April (getting ready for the May 1 reopening). Some of the rules included that you were to call (or text) when you got there, wear a mask inside (they would be wearing masks too), and only the person getting a service done could come inside.  So I was prepared.  I did everything I was told from the FB post.  When I arrived I texted her that I was there.  She said for me to come on inside.  I put on my mask and went in.  I was shocked and somewhat mortified to see I was the only one wearing a mask.  There were at least 12 other people in the salon (and it is a very small salon).  None of the stations had been spaced apart or anything.  It looked like it was business as usual.  My hairdresser is a super sweet girl.  My instinct was to run out of there but knowing how hairdressers have not been able to work for a while and knowing she has a baby at home, I sat down in the chair.  I was so nervous the entire time. She never wore a mask except when she washed my hair but that was the only time.  There were people all around.  Some of them were coughing.  I cringed.  I saw an elderly lady walk in the door who looked to be in her 80s wearing a mask but when I looked over at her a few minutes later, she had taken it off.  I felt bad because I really hoped that if the virus was inside the salon that she would not catch it.  It's going to be a very long time before I brave that again.  

Wow @AlleyCat .  Doesn't sound like your salon was taking any precautions at all.   I wouldn't want to go back either.