Esteemed Contributor

Re: Info for Beauty Salons now 6/2

So does that mean you go in with clean wet hair?  For my cut, which is a short chin length bob with very straight thick bangs.  My stylist would cut my hair wet first and then again dry to make it perfectly straight.  Wonder how that would work? 

I tried cutting my bangs as I could not take it anymore, but they sure could use a good straightening out.  I do do my own roots, but cutting is surely not my talent!

Here in Jersey, salons are opening June 22nd.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 My salon is in Arlington Heights. Will not blow dry hair but will wash. I got color and a cut. But she won't blow dry yet.

Honored Contributor

@weezer111 wrote:

So does that mean you go in with clean wet hair?  For my cut, which is a short chin length bob with very straight thick bangs.  My stylist would cut my hair wet first and then again dry to make it perfectly straight.  Wonder how that would work? 

I tried cutting my bangs as I could not take it anymore, but they sure could use a good straightening out.  I do do my own roots, but cutting is surely not my talent!

Here in Jersey, salons are opening June 22nd.

had not heard that, but I am avoiding the news

I am going to wait it out, don't need color and as I cut 1.25 off my hair it's all good

now what I want is to go to bloomies or TJ Maxx

Honored Contributor

I guess you could go in with a wet head and they could use a spray bottle of water on it but if they won't blow dry it how do you know what it really looks like?

Esteemed Contributor

I, too, would love to go to Bloomies.  Went to Target for the first time a few days ago just to look at racks of clothes.  Nothing else open around me and will not be till the end of June.  They are only open because they sell food.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1, different locals have different procedures.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I had my hair cut and colored on May 18th.  My salon was open to do everything. Cut, color, washing, blow-drying, conditioning treatments, waxing, etc.  

The restrictions in the state are both the stylist and client have to wear a mask.  However, I have seen the FB pages of some area salons telling clients they can wear a mask if they want to but they don't have to.  I was a little surprised they would actually say that on a public page.    

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had an appointment for a cut and color on May 13.  My hairdresser and the place she works both posted all the rules for coming into their place of business around the end of April (getting ready for the May 1 reopening). Some of the rules included that you were to call (or text) when you got there, wear a mask inside (they would be wearing masks too), and only the person getting a service done could come inside.  So I was prepared.  I did everything I was told from the FB post.  When I arrived I texted her that I was there.  She said for me to come on inside.  I put on my mask and went in.  I was shocked and somewhat mortified to see I was the only one wearing a mask.  There were at least 12 other people in the salon (and it is a very small salon).  None of the stations had been spaced apart or anything.  It looked like it was business as usual.  My hairdresser is a super sweet girl.  My instinct was to run out of there but knowing how hairdressers have not been able to work for a while and knowing she has a baby at home, I sat down in the chair.  I was so nervous the entire time. She never wore a mask except when she washed my hair but that was the only time.  There were people all around.  Some of them were coughing.  I cringed.  I saw an elderly lady walk in the door who looked to be in her 80s wearing a mask but when I looked over at her a few minutes later, she had taken it off.  I felt bad because I really hoped that if the virus was inside the salon that she would not catch it.  It's going to be a very long time before I brave that again.  

Respected Contributor

I live in Delaware and salons opened May 8th for essential employees only. As of yesterday they were allowed to open at 30% capacity.  I have not heard that they won't be allowed to wash hair or blow dry.  When our state moves into phase 2 on June 15, salons still have to operate at 30% capacity.

Honored Contributor

This sure is a lesson.  Evidentially, salons are making up some of their own rules but have mandatory rules issued by the State.  Live and Learn.

kindness is strength