Honored Contributor

Re: Influencers ANTI-Influencing

@gertrudecloset 

You've made it obvious a long time ago that you don't like me.  That's cool.  Everyone doesn't like everyone's personality.  I'm 100% sure I've said nothing to attack you.

But let's review my original statement.

At first I didn't think too much of it.  Now it seems to be a thing...influencers telling you NOT to buy makeup and to a lesser extent, skincare.  Is the sky falling or are they over-correcting the makeup/skincare push of the last 2.5 to 3 years?  "If you have 'A' don't waste your money on B, C and D.  Oh yeah, since when? LOL

How am I complaining?  It's an observation.  For the most part I would also never tell someone they should not buy something but products exists that NO one should use...it's that bad.  I know the difference between a product I don't like and one that is so bad you wonder how it made it past QC or off the project development board even .

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@gertrudecloset 

You've made it obvious a long time ago that you don't like me.  That's cool.  Everyone doesn't like everyone's personality.  I'm 100% sure I've said nothing to attack you.

But let's review my original statement.

At first I didn't think too much of it.  Now it seems to be a thing...influencers telling you NOT to buy makeup and to a lesser extent, skincare.  Is the sky falling or are they over-correcting the makeup/skincare push of the last 2.5 to 3 years?  "If you have 'A' don't waste your money on B, C and D.  Oh yeah, since when? LOL

How am I complaining?  It's an observation.  For the most part I would also never tell someone they should not buy something but products exists that NO one should use...it's that bad.  I know the difference between a product I don't like and one that is so bad you wonder how it made it past QC or off the project development board even .

@monicakm I'm not sure what you're talking about.  I've never said or given you any impression that I dislike you.  I've queried you before and commented on a young lady you enjoy on youtube.  So?????  You even warned me about a product that I said I would purchase and you were right about it.  I think you should look through your time line.  What I don't like is double speak is all.  

When you say one thing, but do a different thing it confuses people (at least me).  That's it.  I said what I thought and have no ill will toward you or anyone.  I don't know you.  Bye.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@monicakm  - Seems like a lot of posters on this thread are down on influencers.   I enjoy watching makeup videos and interested in learning about different products.  I think it's great that we have influencers that review different products.  Just think, not too long ago, all we had was advertising on tv and magazines.  Hooray for You Tube and the influencers

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

Exactly.  TV/magazine ads are the original influencers.  And yes, many here are down on YT influencers.  I've realized that for a long time.   I also consider the fact that I'm one of the younger ones here and have more of an interest in makeup.  I made the mistake once of thinking everyone on a beauty board was interested in makeup.  Silly me LOL