Honored Contributor

Well, who knows, you might have to make that decision. I'm just telling you where I found several wigs.

I'm sure there are a lot of other places where you can find wigs. You asked about wigs and I told you where I found some nice wigs and the lady who makes them.

She used to sell them on HSN and left. You can purchase wigs on QVC. They sell some. I have ordered several of the Ken Paves wigs. I just didn't care for them.

Everyone is different. Order some of his and see if you like them. It's not like I own stock from MSNBC, I was just suggesting them because I found some there. Don't get all upset over something so ignorant.

Life is too short to get so bent out of shape over something like that.

Honored Contributor

Many years ago, (40) wigs were everywhere. Marshall Fields sold them and I bought two. Other girls I worked with wore them. I never used a cap. I believe that if your hair is long, you may need one. I was recently looking at wigs. I think they are great for so many reasons. First of all, a change of pace, medical reasons, thinning hair, new color, etc. I was looking at Vogue Wigs online and they had some really cute styles that were wearable. I am not ready to purchase yet. I would love to go to a wig store to try different styles on.

kindness is strength
Super Contributor
I think she means ShopNBC, now called ShopHQ. Toni Brattin sells her wigs there now. To the other poster looking for wig stores, I'm sure there must be some by you, I'd look up wigs in the phone book or online. There has to be tons of wig stores around Chicago. Once in awhile, there's a wig shop in a mall.
Valued Contributor

This has not been mentioned but there is a lot of tutorials on you tube that are very helpful. Remember, many wigs are not able to be worn right out the package, tweaking is often required whether thinning it out, removing wefts, putting behind our hair line so some of your edges are out. Here is a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jc0F_O_ZSg&list=PLPSTsyrUsP_cLGpHLO1GjU-z29gA7fug0&index=44

Esteemed Contributor

I'm a regular wig wearer. I swing both ways between cap and no cap, but it's not necessary to wear one. Pulling your real hair into a ponytail or bun will anchor the wig. Depending on the style of your wig you may find it enhanced by pulling some of your real hair out around the front and sides. Being a first time wigger I suggest taking the wig into a hair salon so that a hairdresser trim the wig to make it more flattering for you. I take my wigs to a beauty school instead of my regular expensive salon for the cut.

Many of the modern wigs have lighter hair textures and are capless (there are bands woven beneath the hair to form the cap. The open caps are so open that you can stick fingers and pull real hair through between the bands. Because of this manufacturing the being too hot issue never comes into play. Frankly, I haven't seen a wig with an old fashioned full (closed) cap in 20 years.

Contributor
On 2/17/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I'll go bald and wear a scarf on my head before I buy anything from MSNBC!

I think she meant shopNBC.
Frequent Contributor

I have a question. I am a sometime wig wearer and I'm seriously thinking of wearing it whenever I leave the house. I have very thin hair and know that some hair dressers will work on wigs. How do I find one that does? I never have my hair done professionally because of the rude comments by the people doing my hair. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Super Contributor
On 2/17/2014 CAROLINA2 said:

I have a question. I am a sometime wig wearer and I'm seriously thinking of wearing it whenever I leave the house. I have very thin hair and know that some hair dressers will work on wigs. How do I find one that does? I never have my hair done professionally because of the rude comments by the people doing my hair. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Carolina, you might want to check a wig shop that is also a styling shop specific for women who need to wear a wig Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Also check out Name Brand Wigs - aka Joshua24. The best prices on the net. I wear Jade Rene of Paris in Dark Chocolate, $52 under $60 inclusive of shipping. They have the best customer service there as well, immediate response even on a Sunday. I have worn Jade for awhile now and it is a popular style, so they always order 4 for me and send 2 when I need them and then have 2 on hold for when I need them.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you OCGURL, I'll try the phone book to see if I can find one.