Respected Contributor

Re: In search of a decent nail file!

@Sue98  I agree that a glass nail file is awesome, but they are not all the same. 

A243594 is a set of 2 & they are wonderful. I have gotten 1 from Sephora & Sally's which were nice.

I have picked up some at other places that were not nice at all.

Honored Contributor

Another vote for glass nail files from the Czech Republic.  I bought a set of them from QVC years (and I mean years) ago, when these first came out and I still have them.  Still work as well as the day I bought them.  (At the time, they sold a set of six:  two for toenails, two regular size for nails and two baby size for your purse.)

I've seen others that were nowhere near the same quality, despite claiming to be glass nail files.

My sister-in-law has very tough nails and didn't believe anything but a rough emery board would work for her.  That was until she tried these; now she uses nothing else.

Esteemed Contributor

The metal one Revlon makes lasts and is thinner for edge work.

Respected Contributor

Crystal/glass nail file....hands down the best way to go!  Everythig else chews up the edge and just doesn't give you that super smooth and sealed edge to the nail..This also helps prevent splitting and chipping of your nail.  

Respected Contributor

Good ? Sue98. I have so many of the drug store/beauty store sand paper files and they are not great!!! I hate having to buy more as I don't even like them. Have considerded the glass nail files that QVC touts. They are expensive + with S&H seems like a toss of the dice.

Some have mentioned that the QVC glass files are good. Will wait to hear more comments. Good question though.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I use a glass crystal file. Those never wear out. I occasionally place mine in the dishwasher to get them really clean and sanitized. Lasts forever.

I bought this set from Walmart for $10!! and free shipping.

Bywabee Crystal Glass Nail Files Set, 3 ct - Green-Blue  -  $10 (ships free, top-rated)

Genuine Czech

download.jpg

I bought Crystal nail files similar to these. They might be the same ones. I bought them from Mark V. They used to sell tweezers and nail files on QVC. Then I started buying directly from Mark V. Haven't been able to find them recently. But the nail files are still working great.

Honored Contributor

I love these glass files, however, do not buy the cheapest ones.  They are awful.  The good ones give a smooth edge and never wear out

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I bought a set from QVC (glass nail files).  I needed more to keep in my purse, other rooms,  etc. so I ordered from Amazon.  My nails  always need attention.  I'm going to check out the set from Walmart that was referred to here.

Esteemed Contributor

Ruby Stone from Sally's

Honored Contributor

I use plain old fashion emery boards. Tried others and always returned to the emery boards.