Trusted Contributor

In search of a decent nail file!

I have bought dozens and dozens of various types of nail files, and I have yet to find one that lasts more than a few uses.  They are become smooth and slightly shiny in no time.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

Honored Contributor

Re: In search of a decent nail file!

I buy mine at Sally Beauty

Same kind used in a nail salon.

In fact I have several different kinds

The one I'm using now is Tropical Shine White Lightening

It's long, course 100 on one side, medium 180 on the other

It's a bit padded and I've had it quite a while, at least a year.

I keep it by my knitting and use it every day,.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use a glass crystal file. Those never wear out. I occasionally place mine in the dishwasher to get them really clean and sanitized. Lasts forever.

I bought this set from Walmart for $10!! and free shipping.

Bywabee Crystal Glass Nail Files Set, 3 ct - Green-Blue  -  $10 (ships free, top-rated)

Genuine Czech

download.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Amazon has a glass nail file.

It lasts forever unless you drop it.  It comes in a case.

After use just rinse it off.

Honored Contributor

Be sureif you buy glass files, they are made in the Czech Republic, and not in China. I got a set on amazon for $10 , includes 3 files of different sizes, large one is for feet. 

Contributor

The nail files that are best for my type of fingernails are the crystal glass nail files.  I have thicker than average nails that grow quickly, so I file a lot.  I got my glass nail files from QVC many years ago.  I see that Amazon has them at a very reasonable price and lots of reviews.

Honored Contributor

I also like OPI files, I get them on ebay, great for natural nails. I use number 240

Valued Contributor

i have the pastel set of 4 from bona fide beauty at amazon.  i purchased more than a year ago and these still work like new.  i use on natural nails.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I totally agree with those who endorse glass files.  I had one for years until I dropped it and it broke.  Replaced with one I purchased at Marshalls about 6 weeks ago and it's garbage.  I believe it's made in China.  I'll be mindful and replace it with one made in Czech Republic. 

Esteemed Contributor

the crystal nail file that Perfect Formula sells is the BEST!!!  Until I received one with the polish I never would have believed what a difference it could make in my nails. Not all ccrystal nail files are created equal. I've had others and they do nor perform the same. They also last for years.