Honored Contributor

In The Market For A New Hair Dryer

I know this topic has been discussed ad naseum , so please forgive me! My current Conair Infiniti hair dryer (which I've had for several years) is starting to smell like the motor is going. I want to get another hair dryer because I just know this one will go right in the middle of drying my hair. I really don't want to spend more than $60 or $70. I'm not good with my hair so I don't think an expensive dryer will make a difference.Really I probably didn't spend more than $40 or $50 on my current dryer and it has served me well.
Respected Contributor

Re: In The Market For A New Hair Dryer

Folica has an exchange program where you send them your old one and they give you an instant credit for $40 to use towards the purchase of one, so that will enable you to get a higher priced one.
Trusted Contributor

The best hairdryer I've ever owned was a Babyliss that I purchased at Marshall's for around $30.  It lasted for about 3 years, which was a good run compared with other dryers I've had.

Now I have a Chi that I also purchased at Marshall's on clearance for $54.  I don't like it nearly as well, even though it is much quieter, because every time you turn it on to dry a new section of hair, you have to wait about 5 seconds for the air to heat up again.  I don't know how they can claim that drying time is significantly reduced.  It hasn't been for me!

Good luck in your search.

Respected Contributor

That is another great idea. Picking up another dryer from TJ Maxx or Marshall's. That would be an excellent place to start.
Respected Contributor

I used and loved the T3 for years. I was watching HSN one day and they had an Amika as the TS so I got it. I love it. It is a bit heavy, but it doesn't take any time to dry your hair.it was much less than the T3 and I like it better.
Super Contributor

I agree with Babyliss - you can get great prices on Amazon.
Respected Contributor

Groupon has several up for sale that you may want to look at.
Regular Contributor

I really like my BaByliss Pro Nano Titanium that I got last year at Bed Bath and Beyond.  I had a coupon that helped out too.  It has really been worth it to me.   And it's lightweight and dries my hair fast! 

Smile, it makes everyone wonder what you're up to!
Joined QVC boards long before the last two conversions!
Respected Contributor

I just got the T3 and really love it! My Conair just recently did the same thing so I got the T3 on the TSV. I love what it is doing for my hair!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

I just got the T3 and really love it! My Conair just recently did the same thing so I got the T3 on the TSV. I love what it is doing for my hair!

I got two of the T3 minis on the TSV, one for home and one for travel and I'm loving them both. My hair looks thicker.