Valued Contributor

In Beauty TSV Days, Hosts Should Be Wearing the TSV

On beauty TSV days, the hosts should be helping to promote the product by actually WEARING the TSV. This really seems like common sense to me. Out of all of the hosts yesterday, were ANY of them wearing the TSV? This arms so strange. Clearly, Jamie doesn't need any help selling out of her TSVs. However, the hosts would seem more genuine in their presentation if they could say "look at me, I'm wearing the tsv today." Especially with those bright colors it would have helped to see it on a few other faces. Not to mention it seems like a common courtesy to their star vendor of the day.
Frequent Contributor

Re: In Beauty TSV Days, Hosts Should Be Wearing the TSV

Actually, I would much prefer the vendors bring their on staff to present the products, and set aside time for callers with questions or comments.

I was busy cooking last night, and I heard Jane Tracy say something about "I don't normally show my bare face."  so, did she put the makeup on while on air?  

Did anyone see her do that?

Valued Contributor

I agree, it would be nice to have the host wear the TSV they are presenting. 

Honored Contributor

@ctinawI did hear Leah say she was wearing the TSV in the rich shade, but I don't know whether she was wearing the whole package.

However, I don't think what the hosts wear has anything to do with curtesy -  what the vendors want is good sales and the hposts shpould do whatever it takes to make those sales happen.

For me, then, only if the host were one with my coloring would it matter waht she was wearing.  And even then, I'm not sure it would matter to me since there isn'y a host within a decade of my age, so I have very different needs from the hosts and even the older models although I do wish I were as beautiful as the older woman IT and Jamie use!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never felt that the hosts should be mandated or not mandated to wear or not wear pretty much anything... Most people choose what they want to wear and what they think is appropriate when going to work and so should they. If they're going to have vendors and models then let them be the subjects for demonstrating what products look like on... clothing, cosmetics, whatever... That said, if the host chooses to feature the TSV that's also fine.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Sandra Bennett used the IT TSV when the TSV was first introduced at midnight. 

Respected Contributor

I think the hosts typically do say they are wearing the TSV. They also mention it in regard to what shade of the foundation they have on. Sometimes they top off their lipstick or eye products during the presentation as well.