Occasional Contributor

Re: In 2015, I vow to spend less on things I don't need! Anyone with me?

Count me in as well. My friends say I could open my own store with all the skin care, makeup and hair care products I have. I always seem to be looking for that perfect product that will cover my dark undereye circles, make m foundation last, etc. It is embarrassing, and such an addiction. HELP{#emotions_dlg.w00t}!

Occasional Visitor

I soooo need this. I just took inventory of my beauty products and I'm set for years to come.
Super Contributor

If you are anything like me you probably have drawers full of makeup products that you have hardly touched. You could probably not buy any makeup for months at a time and not run out of anything except maybe eyeliner or mascara.

We don't buy it because we need it. We buy because we haunt boards like this and watch beauty shows on the shopping channels or YouTube OR get caught by a good sales person in the beauty section of a store!

Just avoid all of the above and you will find that it is easy to not spend much of anything on makeup.

Contributor

Count me in Too! I cleaned out and organized several bathroom drawers with dividers and containers and found I have too much make up, most of which I don't use. I vow to use it up before buying anymore shadow, liner, mascara, etc.

I will be 60 on the 12 of this month and have decided that less is more...no need to buy things I don't need!

Contributor

I took all my travel shampoos/conditioners and put them in the shower bottles to use up. The travel soaps I'm going to use and donate what I won't.....too much stuff to have stocked up forever!

New Contributor

It will be easy to, for the first time I changed the channel on Friday Night Beauty. BORING!!! Have being doing it a lot lately on QVC so count me in too
New Contributor

I'm in. I really need to learn to stop the impulse buying. Especially late at night when my brain isn't functioning right.
Super Contributor

So glad to see this thread.

COUNT ME IN please....

New Contributor

All I can say is ""AMEN"". Wish I had all the money I wasted on cosmetic items that I don't use.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in. Day three and except for groceries and cat food have not bought anything that is unnecessary. I have taken to writing down (kind of like Weight Watchers) everything I spend in a journal. Maybe it will help. Also decided that all the expensive creams etc just aren't worth it and have gone back to Olay. As for bags, I certainly don't need another one. Same goes for shoes. I am cutting back because I got laid off last year and I don't want to have to go back to work just to afford "stuff".