Contributor

Re: In 2015, I vow to spend less on things I don't need! Anyone with me?

Great idea! Have a lot of challenges to meet this year, especially with my health. I don't want to use "shopping till I drop" for comfort. Would appreciate all the support I can get! Count me in!

New Contributor

I'm in. I thought I was the only one.
Contributor

I'm totally in, as for me the first thing on the no more list is handbags and clothes take a close second. Ready for a fresh start this new year, and especially a new way of thinking about all my stuff.

Super Contributor

Me too ! With the support of this forum ladies we can be strong and not falter in our commitment. I will not buy clothes, jewelry, cosmetics, or anything I absolutely do not need. My closest and drawers are bulging with clothes and products I need to use up.
Honored Contributor

Yes OP I'm with you, I just took my last QVC return to the post office today and I vow to not buy any thing I don't absolutely need in 2015. Also, I vow to buy local and not use easy pay if I do need something from the Q. I'm embarrassed to tell you how much money in returns to QVC I spent in 2014 , so I won't.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

On 12/31/2014 geezerette said:
On 12/30/2014 3redheads said:
On 12/30/2014 travelin grandma said:

How many of us are on Facebook? We could start a private group there and easily find it rather than search around here. I belong to a couple of groups and it's very easy. We can even put up photos and offer advice without trolls barging in. Just a thought.

Hmmm...that's a interesting idea, grandma. I wonder how others would feel about it? Anonymity would be an issue. Anyone else have any thoughts about travelin grandma's suggestion?

While I like the idea of a "private" group, meaning specifically that QVC would not have ultimate control over what is said, for me, the idea of anonymity is an issue. I do use Facebook, but I keep it very private and I'm pretty sure that I would not participate in something started there. Yes, I do realize that nothing is really private once on the internet, including here, but this forum is more comfortable for me as far as profile security goes.

ITA with you but I have a suggestion, Delphi Forums is still around and still free AFAIK a forum could be set up there and members could be as anon as they want. Of course there is the issue of moderation....

Just throwing it out there.

Super Contributor

I realized that my old clinique makeup looks the best. I purged all my makeup except Clinique. I have cool pink/blue undertones and Clinique is the best for my color tones. Why mess with the best! I also have stopped buying Dooney and Coach purses, I have about 50!
Frequent Contributor

I would like to join ladies. I just logged in on to a new thread but this one is probably better for me because my biggest ""collection"" is beauty products.

Elle is for Living has a video that she did earlier this year regarding purchasing what you need and not every new thing. She said she is going to focus her videos in 2015 on appreciating what we already have. Her channel may help.

Frequent Contributor

Frequent Contributor

Count me in !! My name says it all... shopping girl 59 So, to the poster that said to bury the $1, does it have to be outside? You said you tried all three which one worked the best? Need all the help I can this year and running out of time to get it burried NYE. TIA