Esteemed Contributor

Re: Impossibly Good Ingredient List? No preservatives? No emulsifiers?

@goldensrbest wrote:

I wonder how many of us are going to amazon,to check it out!!

I ran to check it out😁.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Contributor

Question:  Is it manufactured in China? Ingredients are only as good as where they come from and where manufactured. The ingredient deck looks great but in my research, I learned its all about the integrity of the ingredient and where it's from.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Schmackey wrote:

Question:  Is it manufactured in China? Ingredients are only as good as where they come from and where manufactured. The ingredient deck looks great but in my research, I learned its all about the integrity of the ingredient and where it's from.

Good point, @Schmackey . My box says it is made in the USA and distributed by Le Mieux Cosmetics in Pasadena, California. It also has a Leaping Bunny cruelty free logo) PETA Beauty without Bunnies Cruelty Free logo on it. And I checked the PETA site and Le Mieux is in their list.

That doesn't tell us all the locations they get their raw ingredients from. But I don't think that info is publicly available for any skincare line, really. Maybe someplace like Lush might do that, I don't know.

I was really looking forward to seeing the ingredient deck on the box. Skincare companies can put incomplete ingredient info on websites without getting in trouble. But if they do that on the box, BOOM they can get in big trouble because of labeling laws. The whole ingredient list has to be there on the packaging. I wanted to see whether the lists on the box and on the Amazon site matched.

Drumroll...they match! So this stuff really is all (liposomed) actives in hyaluronic acid. Pretty amazing.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

That CP serum looks good to me. My problem with it is having to keep spending that amount of money on it and, over time, that would a considerable amount of money to invest in topical skincare...almost enough to have some kind of medical procedure done. I wonder how long a 1-ounce bottle will last?

Neat!

I agree it's not cheap per oz. I got my peptide serum for $57. Full price is $85. I'd call that comparable with higher-end department store or QVC prices. But still not in say, La Mer territory. More like Algenist or Tatcha. Since I'll use mine once a day, I expect it to last at least 4 months.

When I eventually get some medical cosmetic procedures and injectables done, I will still want all the best creams and gadgets I can reasonably afford. So that will be an addition for me to save up for, not a subsitution. Woman Very Happy We all do that stuff differently.

I'm sort of French about my skincare. You know how the stereotypical French lady eats wonderful food, but in moderation so she stays slim? And she wears expensive, quality clothes, but keeps her collection small? I want to use the best possible skincare, in a deliberate, mindful way. At least that's the theory! Heart

If you got an $85 serum for $57 from a 3rd party seller at Amazon, I'm afraid I would absolutely question its authenticity. The product may not be too good to be true, but that price certainly is. Amazon has a lot of fake cosmetics. 

It's estimated one-third of the cosmetics sold on Amazon are counterfeit.

https://www.thetalko.com/increased-counterfeit-cosmetics-sold-on-amazon/

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

That CP serum looks good to me. My problem with it is having to keep spending that amount of money on it and, over time, that would a considerable amount of money to invest in topical skincare...almost enough to have some kind of medical procedure done. I wonder how long a 1-ounce bottle will last?

Neat!

I agree it's not cheap per oz. I got my peptide serum for $57. Full price is $85. I'd call that comparable with higher-end department store or QVC prices. But still not in say, La Mer territory. More like Algenist or Tatcha. Since I'll use mine once a day, I expect it to last at least 4 months.

When I eventually get some medical cosmetic procedures and injectables done, I will still want all the best creams and gadgets I can reasonably afford. So that will be an addition for me to save up for, not a subsitution. Woman Very Happy We all do that stuff differently.

I'm sort of French about my skincare. You know how the stereotypical French lady eats wonderful food, but in moderation so she stays slim? And she wears expensive, quality clothes, but keeps her collection small? I want to use the best possible skincare, in a deliberate, mindful way. At least that's the theory! Heart

If you got an $85 serum for $57 from a 3rd party seller at Amazon, I'm afraid I would absolutely question its authenticity. The product may not be too good to be true, but that price certainly is. Amazon has a lot of fake cosmetics. 

It's estimated one-third of the cosmetics sold on Amazon are counterfeit.

https://www.thetalko.com/increased-counterfeit-cosmetics-sold-on-amazon/

We'll see. You may be right. I did ask if anyone thought I was deluded. So it has to be fine with me if someone says yes! lol. If it's fake it will likely break me out or have no effect. Authentic Skincare, the store I got it from has 96% positive reviews.

I know of one official store where I can get 15% off plus use loyalty points: Art of Skincare. And when I look on eBay I see this Collagen Peptide serum listing at $63 at one store. And at $69 from an eBay seller with thousands of transactions and 100% positive feedback. So it's often sold at a discount well below $85.

My box and container look identical to pictures of the ones sold by Le Mieux. I also think estheticians can get better prices since it is a salon and dermatologist office line. Le Mieux also seems to show up at a lot of skincare conferences and shows, according to their events page. They may offer special prices and discounts to professionals during shows.

"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

First day using the serum. All I can say at this point is that it went on beautifully. Has a creamy white lotion consistency. My face isn't red or irritated at all.

If I don't see any questions in the meantime, which I would still love, I'll report here again in 2 weeks. Me: "Alexa, set a reminder for two weeks from now." Alexa: "What's the reminder?" Me: "Post an update on good ingredient serum post."

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain  I ordered one of their mask ,it came yesterday,going to use tonite.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Cool! Which one did you get?

The Hyaluronic Shea Mask looks like it could be used as a high quality night cream for not all that much money.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Cool! Which one did you get?

The Hyaluronic Shea Mask looks like it could be used as a high quality night cream for not all that much money.

Yes ,i got that one ,actually have it on now, it is very creamy, and thick ,it could be used as a night cream.I am wondering about the bio cell cream.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Porcelain, what kind of results are you looking for.
Curiosity always gets me.