Contributor

Re: Impossible to remove mineral sunscreen!!

I use IT Cosmetics CC cream, spf 50. I love it! No need for additional spf. I wear it to the beach and never get sunburned. I swear by this product.
Respected Contributor

I love IT CC creams. I do need to use a makeup remover wipe, and then Purity after. either alone doesn't get IT or regular sonscreen off.

The worrywart in me wants to plead with you not to shine a blacklight at your face. That type of light can possibly cause retinal damage. http://www.urineeradicationsystems.com/peedar-news-tips/do-i-need-uv-glasses-when-looking-for-invisi...

Trusted Contributor

I first use a microfiber cloth and then Peter Thomas Roth cleanser on my Clarisonic.

It works great!

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use iT CC,and sometimes Cotz mineral sunscreen if I am doing yard work or gardening.  To take off make-up, I use DHC deep Cleansing Oil, or sometimes I blend it with almond oil, then cleanse my face with various facial cleansers.  I find the two step method takes off anything, including sunscreen.

I'm going to eventually buy the Palmer's oil that @SilleeMee recommends. 

Valued Contributor

I love DHC cleansing oil. Been using it for years and it leaves your skin clean and not dry. I always use microfiber cloths to clean my face and body.

Valued Contributor

My cousin has used Pond's Cold Cream for years to take off makeup and sunscreen.  She loves it.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I must ask what sunscreen did you use? I have not have this problem.

@goldensrbest 

Austrailian Gold tinted.  I will not use this stuff again!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I recently bought this mineral sunscreen for my face which is lightly tinted which I felt I would really love --- no fragrance and a higher SPF-- not greasy either!  I thought --- hurrah -- I am going to love this!

But trying to remove this stuff is horrible!!  I used 3 different kinds of cleansers yesterday and thought I got it off finally.  Wrong!  I looked in a magnifying mirror and was horriffied to see that it was still clinging to my pores, especially all around my nose, chin and eyes!

My skin was all irritated from rubbing and rubbing, trying to get this stuff off!

What do you ladies use to remove stubborn suncreen from your face?  I am thinking maybe I need to purchase some kind of cleansing oil but I would need a fragrance free variety.  Any suggestions?

Yesterday I used micellar water and pads, a cream cleanser and a foaming cleanser -- and rubbed and rubbed!

Thanks so much! 

@AngelPuppy1 , I sometimes use Australian Gold tinted sunscreen, and I feel your pain.  When I first put it on, I felt just like you--no shine, silky feel--this is going to be great!  UNTIL...I tried to remove it.  Ugh.  I have to use a makeup wipe first, and then I do another cleanse by just putting Cerave Hydrating Cleanser on my face with no water, rubbing it in, and then adding water to it.  The first time I tried this method, I used another makeup wipe after the second cleanse, and no tint was found, so I am assuming that got rid of the sunscreen.  Because it has no shine, I only wear this sunscreen when I'm going out in public either with or without makeup just because it's a pain to remove.  @SilleeMee , I looked on Amazon at the Palmer's oil cleansers, and there is more than one formula.  Which is the exact one you use, and do you just do one cleanse following the directions on the bottle? TY!

@Ainhisg 

Same stuff as me!  Terrible to remove!

Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone.  I appreciate your replies.  I cannot use anything with fragrance.  I would be inclined to use the Palmer but it seems to have fragrance so that's a no go.  I never tried a mico fiber cloth.  I try to be very gentle on my skin and too much rubbing and tugging realing irritates it.  I am just going to have to find another suncreen which removes more easily I guess.  Thanks again! 

Respected Contributor

I use Clinique Take the day off balm with a cleansing microfiber cloth and follow with the facial cleanser with the foreo silicone vibrating cleanser thing.  I used the Australian Gold once and OMG that stuff was awful to get off.