Contributor

Iluminage-Laser Hair Removal

Hello QVC Community and Hosts, has anyone ever purchased the Iluminage laser hair permanent removal system? If so, can you please share your thoughts here. Does it really work? Did you like what it did for you? Does it work on all skin types? Does it work for indivduals with light and dark hair? Does it work if you have freckles? Also, how many weeks did it take before YOU noticed results? That is, for the hair follicle to die/be destroyed/stop growing. I understand the cartridge is only good for up to a specific number of "Flashes." The cartridge NEEDS to be replaced, eventually, but this is never mentioned on QVC when Iluminage was presented on-air. I also noticed no mention of the cartridge replacement is stated in the product description and/or on the QVC video. Why not?

I am seriously considering purchasing Iluminage, but since this is a huge purchase in terms of cost, I would like to hear from the QVC Community (Hosts are also welcomed to chime in if you so desire). I will consider purchasing this product based upon the information shared herewith. Any and all information, whether it is small or big, is very much appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Iluminage-Laser Hair Removal

I bought it and used it only once, so I can't give u info yet...until probably at least a month down the road, if not longer.

I purchased it bcz most don't work on blond hair and this one supposedly does. It is suggested that you epilate before doing the treatments, it come with a built in epilator, which I found a little difficult to keep exactly at the right angle to make the hair removal work. Maybe I just need more practice but for me it might be easier to just epilate with an emjoi first. 

The machine itself is easy to operate, had a little trouble keeping the connectors directy on parts of my leg for it to work (knees, shin bone), again, that's probably learning curve. The light is REALLY bright when it flashes, I used the goggles and closed my eyes, it still was bright. So I basically was feeling where to go or had to look before I put the machine near my leg.

It won't work on gray hair. You also cannot use it if you have implants (heart, insulin, etc)

Supposedly it works on all skin types and hair color, other than white or gray. I don't know about freckles, I don't hink it matters.

I purchased it bcz they said over and over that the cartridge never needs replacing. Come to find out, it does after so many flashes. I'm pretty peeved at this. So, at this point, I better see stellar results or it's definitely going back. Maybe I'm foolish to think the technology was ever unlimited, but the hosts kept repeating it...I wouldn't have purchased it knowing I had to buy something else.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You might want to check out a device called Me Chic. Works just like the Illuminage only cheaper. I own the Me Chic and I use it for stray hairs that pop up now and then since I had professional laser hair removal done years ago. The Me Chic  does not have replacement cartridges because it lasts a very long time...long enough that your hair should be gone before the cartridge goes out. The Me Chic works on all hair and skin colors.

Illuminage replacement cartridges cost around 150...about the same price as the Me Chic device.

fyi - the Illuminage and the Me Chic are not LASERS but IPL, different technologies.

Contributor

Thanks so much for your answer (feedback). What you shared is very, very helpful and useful information. I have dark brown hair (closer to black). I have had professional laser hair removal for over 1-year (about 3-years ago). It was very expensive/costly (30-minutes at 150). Ouch! Now, I am seeking to invest in a "do it yourself" laser hair removal. I like that this device is FDA cleared, which means it does work. It is not EZ to have FDA clearance. I do not have freckles, but recall reading somewhere that if one has freckles, laser hair removal will NOT work on individuals with freckles. Thank you again for the information you provided. Very, very helpful.

Honored Contributor

Just to be clear @ChiTownGal, the Illuminage is NOT a laser. If you want a laser hair removal device then look at the Tria.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I have the Tria.  I find it easy to use, although only very small area can be done at one time.  I can't imagine trying to do my legs with it.

I am thinking that persistent hair I cannot seem to remove is perhaps gray or red and won't be removed by a laser like this.  I have dark hair (natural color auburn) and very fair skin.  My body hair tends to be reddish (except eyebrows and eye lashes). 

So I have to seek another way to remove some persistent hair.  It just bugs me!

Hyacinth

Contributor

Thank you so much for the tip on Me Chic. I have never heard of Me-Chic before. Wow, the price point definitely works for me. I have been saving up to make an investment in a device that PERMANENTLY removes hair.I assume that Me Chic works on all parts of the body (upper lip, face, underarms, arms, legs, bikini line). I will research Me Chic extensively. I may end up going with Me Chic if it is FDA cleared. Thanks so much for the information. It is very, very useful and helpful. Have a great, fun and relaxing day!

Contributor

Thank you so much. This is good information to know. 

Contributor

Thanks for sharing your information regarding the Tria device. I have received lots of GREAT answers and useful/helpful information here. I appreciate what you shared here. Good to know -- thanks again!

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003,

My skin is medium tone and I have very dark brown, almost black hair. I had some grayish, white bikini hairs that the laser could not get rid of.  When I read about the Me Chic and the technologies that it uses, I bought one right away. Now most of my body hair is gone. I would say give it a try. The Me Chic is sold out now on Evine but when it comes back, the cost is usually around 199 but it does go on sale for a lot less...like 149 or maybe less, I can't remember what the last one sold for. Anyway, I think it works really well.Woman Happy