Valued Contributor

Illuminator/Highlighter Suggestions

I'm looking for a subtle illuminator for cheeks and eyes that's glitter free, preferably one that's inexpensive since this is not something I'd use everyday.  I definitely don't want glitter and am looking for one that would just give a subtle, healthy sheen to the skin.  I'm fair/med. skin with blue eyes and med/dark blond hair.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Illuminator/Highlighter Suggestions

@patticakes  I use Laura Geller’s French Vanilla Baked Highlighter.It adds subtle light where you want it .I love it!! If you want a little more light I would recommend Laura’s Diamond Dust.

Respected Contributor

Essence Pure Nude Highlighter 01 Be My Highlight.  It is very natural and subtle.  You can get it at Ulta for $5.

Trusted Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

Essence Pure Nude Highlighter 01 Be My Highlight.  It is very natural and subtle.  You can get it at Ulta for $5.

I'd recommend this one too.  I have very similar coloring and this one is very nice.  It's perfect if you're not looking for one of those blinding highlighters.

Honored Contributor

I recently purchased NYX Born to Glow and I really like it a lot - only $7.50/tube.  Only a tiny amount is needed, but it is also buildable.  It comes in four shades so the user can select the one most flattering to their skintone.  

Honored Contributor

I like Becca's highlighters as well as Doll 10.....

Respected Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

ITA and do own this Essence highlighter. It may not show in the pan, but it gives a beautiful subtle glow, and no sparkle or glitter at all. It’s one of my favorites and is so affordable!