Respected Contributor

Does anyone use this?

I'm thinking of ordering this from Sephora today.  I've had quite the problem with makeup and concealers espcially these last few years.  I've had some very odd  allergic reactions which are so upsetting.  I finally found a concealer that worked for me with no issues, but of course it is now discontinued.  I can't figure out what the offending ingredients are.  Meaning, I don't know why the one I can use is ok for me.  So frustrating and perplexing. 

Anyway, I noticed this ilia concealer and it seems to have some very simple straightforward ingredients.  Very unlike other concealers I've seen.  There are alot of choices in color - was hoping someone might help me figure out what to try. 

My coloring is medium, a little to the darker side of that - however, I need this for undereye mostly so obviously that can be a bit lighter.  I don't like too much contrast tho.  People are always mentioning what they are in MAC so I can say that I have one mac powder foundation and that is nw25 which is a bit light for me.  I can also wear laura geller golden medium - sometimes medium but that can be a little light for me.

Thoughts?

Honored Contributor

Re: Ilia Concealer question

[ Edited ]

@moonandthestars - I love my Ilia serum skin tint foundation, but I can't help with the concealer. I will tell you I got the foundation in a color that seemed darker than I usually wear. But it works! 

DD got the undereye concealer from the Kostas line last weekend. She loves it!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom thanks Smiley Happy  I actually just ordered two colors.  Spent a long time staring at the pictures of women they show for each shade and reading the descriptions (which in a way don't match each other) to try and match myself.  Finally settied on two colors.  We'll see how it goes!   I looked up the concealer your daughter purchased - on sephora it's sold out in most colors right now!   I did check the ingredients and it has caffeine, which is great for most, but not for me.

Honored Contributor

I'm glad you got the colors you want @moonandthestars! The selections are so broken now because of the sale. I'll be anxious to hear how you like it because I like my foundation so much.

I have bad allergies, which has always caused dark circles under my eyes. They seem to get darker every year- LOL! Years ago I got my first undereye cream. It was by MAC, and it had caffeine in it. That was the selling point. I used it for a while, but didn't see much improvement, so I stopped. I use a lot of undereye concealers, mostly Shape Tape and Josie Maran's. Not long ago I tried Laura Geller's cooling concealer pencil. When I've finished everything I have been using this as a "last stop." It feels so good, and it really does the job- for me at least.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@moonandthestars 

Good morning ! Yes I have used this concealer . I really like Ilia products . I have used Ilia foundation True skin foundation and their colorstick . Mask wearing  is still recommended in our offices . I have oily /acne prone skin , so wearing foundation is a no go now . I recently purchased Kosas concealer and it is very good . I use only cruelty free products . I shop at Credo and they have great online chat and I always use them when I have color questions and recommendations . Ilia products are really great quality .