Respected Contributor

Ikea Alex drawers- Beauty room setup

Hi Ladies.  I am looking at buying some Alex drawers from Ikea for a beauty room.  Torn between getting two of the 5 drawers and creating a vanity with a desk top on top of those or maybe getting the Malm dressing table as my vanity and getting the 9 drawer or maybe 2 6 drawers.  Do any of you have Alex drawers for your beauty products and do you have any advice?  I see them all over Youtube and am intrigued.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ikea Alex drawers- Beauty room setup

@Sunnycorle wrote:

Hi Ladies.  I am looking at buying some Alex drawers from Ikea for a beauty room.  Torn between getting two of the 5 drawers and creating a vanity with a desk top on top of those or maybe getting the Malm dressing table as my vanity and getting the 9 drawer or maybe 2 6 drawers.  Do any of you have Alex drawers for your beauty products and do you have any advice?  I see them all over Youtube and am intrigued.

they are very cool but need to be assembled, which stopped me from pursuing it 

Respected Contributor

@Sunnycorle  I do have these. I have 1 gray 5 drawer. When I ordered this my boyfriend who is a great carpenter and has his contractors license rolled his eyes and told me "they prob aren't any better than the particle wood drawers from Walmart. They came and he laid it out and starting putting it together. He looked at me and said, I'll eat my words. This is well made and better than I expected. 

I love mine. I know of I order another one I'll just buy makeup to fill it but you can't go wrong. I have had mine for over a year and when I ordered mine I got it for about $63. They were having a sale if you became a member. I have no regrets. 

Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@Sunnycorle  I do have these. I have 1 gray 5 drawer. When I ordered this my boyfriend who is a great carpenter and has his contractors license rolled his eyes and told me "they prob aren't any better than the particle wood drawers from Walmart. They came and he laid it out and starting putting it together. He looked at me and said, I'll eat my words. This is well made and better than I expected. 

I love mine. I know of I order another one I'll just buy makeup to fill it but you can't go wrong. I have had mine for over a year and when I ordered mine I got it for about $63. They were having a sale if you became a member. I have no regrets. 

@wvumountiefan@jackthebear Question on the 5 drawer- they are longer than the 9 and I am wondering if things get long in the back?  I am leaning towards 2 x5 Drawers.  Maybe the 6 drawer for Jewelry.  My boyfriend puts all my Ikea stuff together, he is a doer and needs to stay busy so it works out well for me with this kind of thing.  Smiley Happy 

They are $79 for the 5 now, bummer it went up but what can you do right!

Honored Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@wvumountiefan@jackthebear Question on the 5 drawer- they are longer than the 9 and I am wondering if things get long in the back?  I am leaning towards 2 x5 Drawers.  Maybe the 6 drawer for Jewelry.  My boyfriend puts all my Ikea stuff together, he is a doer and needs to stay busy so it works out well for me with this kind of thing.  Smiley Happy 

have no idea,  never really looked past the DIY thing but there's plenty of pictures and info out there 

Respected Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@Sunnycorle  Did you mean "lost in the back" of the drawers? I have no issues with my Alex drawers. They come out pretty far so I've had no trouble with getting items stored in the back end of the drawer. 

Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@Sunnycorle wrote:

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@Sunnycorle  Did you mean "lost in the back" of the drawers? I have no issues with my Alex drawers. They come out pretty far so I've had no trouble with getting items stored in the back end of the drawer. 

@wvumountiefan  Glad you could decifer what I was saying.  Exactly that.  I am so excited to get this vanity up and running!  I am afraid like you said of buying too much just to fill them up.  Luckily I have such a stash it might fill it up without having to spend much else.  Watching youtube beauty gurus has been alot of fun but I do find myself buying just as I do when watching QVC.  

Honored Contributor

there's also dividers to buy and or make to organize all yr stuff too 

sonnycosmetics dot com /products/acrylic-makeup-organizer-alex-42-compartment-drawer-divider

look quickly before it gets zapped 

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear  Thank you!  I had found that site thru youtube.  Its going to be so much fun building this vanity!  

Honored Contributor

@Sunnycorle wrote:

@jackthebear  Thank you!  I had found that site thru youtube.  Its going to be so much fun building this vanity!  

good

I was looking around on Pinterest and saw that one