Esteemed Contributor

Re: If you use Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color....

[ Edited ]

For years I have been using L'Oreal's Excellence Creme Permanent Hair Color.   However, I just purchased the Colorsilk because of the commercial indicating it does not contain ammonia.  I am planning to use it the next time I color my hair.     

I have  questions for those of you who use  Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color.  How do you like it? Does it leave your hair in good condition?  Is it shiny?  Does it dry out it out? 

Honored Contributor

Like I said all I use for 25 years, that says it all!!! If you hjave a ton of grey, leave it on for a bit longer, I usually leave it on for 35 minutes. 

Valued Contributor

I use it regularly and it doesn't dry out my hair.  Like the other poster, I leave mine on for about 35 minutes with great results.  I like that it doesn't leave my hair all monotone looking.  It looks natural with a bit of variation, here and there.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used Natural Instincts which covered my gray and was gentle on my hair (no dryness) and a nice selection of colors.  I no longer color so I am salt & pepper.  It's by Clairol.  There is also Nice n Easy color by Chairol.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

Maybe it depends on the shade, but I see my color (54 light golden brown) available in many stores.   Just bought a box in Target for $3.99.

I also got it at Target.  Amazon was out of control. 

Do the math.
Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle and @customerqvc2 .... OMG!   Never Again!  Woman LOL  I used the Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color Yesterday.  I had an allergic reaction to it.   After having waited under 10 minutes once I applied the color I started feeling a strange sensation on my eyes.   I looked in the mirror and saw that they were swollen.  This has never happened with any of the other brands I have used over the years.   I shampooed and rinsed my hair four times.  Then I took a antihistamine.  The swelling did eventually go down.  How long should I wait before using my regular brand?  I don't want to fry my hair.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Boehm Collector , That's too bad about the allergy; I didn't have an allergy from Colorsilk, but it dried out my hair.

Did you take an allergy test before coloring? All home color kits mention that people should test for allergies 48 hours before applying the dye. Even if you've never had allergies before, it is a good idea to test before trying again. I would wait a week or longer before applying your regular brand. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain