Honored Contributor

If you use Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color....

[ Edited ]

Do you know if this line is being discontinued?  It's very slim pickings on the shelves.  I can no longer find my color.  It's being sold online for much higher prices than normal by individual sellers. 

I know about the Revlon bankruptcy.   That's so sad.  Hope they can realign their debt and recover.   Smiley Sad

I've been using this product for many years.   I'm going to have to find an alternative.   I've never used a different brand.

Honored Contributor

Re: If you use Revlon Colorsilk Hair Color....

[ Edited ]

Revlon Colorsilk® has a current ad campaign on TV 

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

L'Oréal Majirel is a great professional line.  I think they make a home version too.  My hairdresser years ago used this on me and I remember the red was very vibrant and long-lasting.  I believe even Chaz uses it.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Thanks @SurferWife .  If both you and Chaz endorse it,  I know it must be good stuff!

Valued Contributor

I've been experiencing the same issues.  For a long while, the color blonde that I used was no where to be found.  I searched many online places and finally got a few boxes, but it is more expensive than previously.  I am not sure what's going on, honestly.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@San Antonio Gal 

L'Oréal Majirel is a great professional line.  I think they make a home version too.  My hairdresser years ago used this on me and I remember the red was very vibrant and long-lasting.  I believe even Chaz uses it.

I'm surprised Chaz would use this since L'Oréal isn't a cruelty free brand.  🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

Wow!  So glad I stopped coloring my hair several years ago.  Colorsilk was the only product I used.  Reasonably priced and it worked.

Esteemed Contributor

I used Colorsilk a couple times, but it dried out my hair so I quit using it. In this case, I got what I paid for and the higher priced hair colors worked better. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Been using it exclusively for 25 years, started to notice a few months ago, it was slim pickens, I use Dark Auburn. found a few on ebay for a very good price, stocked up there in June, also I spotted a very good deal on Walgreens site in June, bought about 6 there too. Gone are the days of 2.68 on Amazon and 2.97 at Walmart and Target,  I see it for over $8 now on Amazon.  I think in June I got it for 2.91 on the Walgreens site. good luck, I am set for a long time!!

Respected Contributor

Maybe it depends on the shade, but I see my color (54 light golden brown) available in many stores.   Just bought a box in Target for $3.99.