Occasional Contributor

If you receive a package from QVC that has a REJECT label on it...

If you receive a package from QVC that has a REJECT label/sticker on it, it means the product inside is defective in some way.  I ordered some Philosophy concealer, and the envelope had a REJECT sticker on it.  The QVC customer rep. claimed she didn't know what it meant.  So I called Philosophy and learned the product was discontinued in 2018 and expired in 2020, so QVC had sent me an expired product.  I called QVC back, and they still wanted me to return the product to receive my refund.  I hope they're not going to send it out to somebody else!   

Honored Contributor

Re: If you receive a package from QVC that has a REJECT label on it...

I'm wondering what kind of employee would send out a product that was labeled that way.  It seems even a new hiree would know better?

Frequent Contributor

If it was me experiencing this issue I would e-mail the QVC Customer Service Team and discuss this problem with them. QVC commited a major error first in having an expired product still on their stock shelves and then shipping it to a customer over a year after it expired. You should not be further inconvenienced by this outrageous error on their part. At the very least, you should be issued a full refund immediately as well as a sincere apology for such an error!!!

Honored Contributor

@bjbugs    Why did you post this again?  You got answers earlier.  Send it back and forget it.  Duplicate posts violate board standards. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I receive something with a Reject sticker.  Nothing was wrong with the product.  Kept it.

Super Contributor

This is not true.

I received a package with REJECT stickers all over the package.

It took 30 days for me to receive the package.

The post office put the reject stickers on it. There was nothing wrong with the item inside. Absolutely no idea why  it was rejected. But it delayed delivery. 

I did return it; I had already asked for and received a refund. 

Valued Contributor

@bjbugs  Most people don't read every post, all responses, ever single day. If anyone spends that much of their life on QVC boards, something else is going on, or lack thereof, in their life. So, ignore that. It's unhelpful. 
Sorry, this happened and I would be suspicious as well. I love Philosophy but now only order skincare items from Ulta or Sephora with the exception of seasonal items. Ulta offers lots of Free Shipping and you can return it to the store or return via USPS/UPS at no charge. Check them out. I still order seasonal items from QVC which can not be found anywhere else. 

Honored Contributor

@carlycat wrote:

This is not true.

I received a package with REJECT stickers all over the package.

It took 30 days for me to receive the package.

The post office put the reject stickers on it. There was nothing wrong with the item inside. Absolutely no idea why  it was rejected. But it delayed delivery. 

I did return it; I had already asked for and received a refund. 

@carlycat  - I also heard it was the post office that put the Reject sticker on the product - not QVC.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess it really doesn't matter who put the stickers on the package--the point remains that QVC is selling products that are well past the expiration date.

Valued Contributor

Just because a product was discontinued in 2018 doesn’t make it expired. Many unopened beauty products have a shelf life of a few years or more. I buy a lot of beauty products from QVC and I’ve never had an issue with an expired product. As a matter of fact, I think their Philosophy products are fresher than the stock at Ulta due to the amount of sales from Philosophy’s huge fan base at QVC. As for the reject sticker, I received two packages this holiday season with the sticker - one from QVC and the other from Best Buy. My carrier said it’s because the package didn’t make the delivery truck and it alerts sorters that the package is behind schedule and should be put on the next truck.