Honored Contributor

Re: If you're wearing perfume....

nice thread.....i will definitely be writing a few of these suggestions down.

it also reminds me of some that i have not used in quite a while!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Ralph Lauren Blue EDP

Respected Contributor

@spent2much

Amazing Grace and Pure Grace used to be my favorite, but, somewhere along the line, these Philosophy fragrances changed. I heard that they were bought out by Coty and the formula was changed.

@Sapphiregal  I've had the ones I'm using for a few years.  When I order more, I'll keep that in mind and return if I'm not satisfied.  Thank you for the info!  Woman Sad

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

Oh for the love of Pete. Coty bought Philosophy in 2010. Many fragrances were reformulated about that time based on IFRA standards amendment in 2008.
Honored Contributor

@spent2much 

@Sapphiregal 

coty bought philosophy back in 2010.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I wear Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess from now to end of Sept- Oct.
Honored Contributor

I have a few in rotation, but the main one is Amazing Grace. 

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie 

Do you find Sunflowers to be light?  I can no longer tolerate anything really heavy, overly flowery or overly sweet? 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

@spent2much wrote:

Once I tried Amazing Grace and Falling in Love, I never wore another scent... that's been YEARS - since Philosophy first came out with them.

@spent2much

Amazing Grace and Pure Grace used to be my favorite, but, somewhere along the line, these Philosophy fragrances changed. I heard that they were bought out by Coty and the formula was changed.

@Sapphiregal @spent2much   Agree.  I mostly used AG and FIL,  but when I purchased more after the sale of the company,  it was so different...   at least to my nose.   Sadly,  stopped wearing both.

Respected Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
Oh for the love of Pete. Coty bought Philosophy in 2010. Many fragrances were reformulated about that time based on IFRA standards amendment in 2008.

@RollTide2008  Yes,  I noticed the change when they stopped letting perfumers use certain oils.  I may have had enough of some of the fragrances in my stash to get me through a few years after that.   I've repurchased other fragrances that changed,  but the change was minimal or not as extreme.   The two Philosophy fragrances changed  more than I liked,  so I stopped using.